Advice and Support for South Africans Immigrating to New Zealand

South Africans Going To New Zealand

Author Topic: hello from Toti  (Read 1757 times)

Offline Tania

hello from Toti
« on: May 06, 2007, 06:56:31 am »
hello everyone.  been reading this site for a while now.....but decided 2day to post.  were in the process emigrating 2.  husband going to nz in august to look for employment.  he is in it.  hopefully he is successfull and on his return we will be able to join him.  we have a 2yr old girl.  just waiting for house to get sold now.  on the market, having showhouse 2day.  thanks u for all ur great advise and encouragement.  it really makes the prospect of moving into the new easier as i am a 'huishoender' that don't really take well to change.. :o
 :o

Badprop

Re: hello from Toti
« Reply #1 on: May 06, 2007, 07:09:05 am »
Hi Tania and welcome.  The people here are very helpful and I am sure you will feel right at home here.  I too am from Toti, St Winnefreds side  O0.  It seems we are the only 2 in Durbs moving?

Good luck with the sale of your house I hope it sells fast.  It is beautiful beach weather today isn't it, not a breeze here.

SA Going to NZ Advice Forum

« Reply #1 on: May 06, 2007, 07:09:05 am »

Offline Nolan

• Administrator
  • Supreme Being
  • Stanmore Bay, Auckland
    • Art by Nolan
« Reply #2 on: May 06, 2007, 08:31:18 am »
Hi Tania, glad you have joined us.

We'll be holding thumbs that your DH gets a job when he goes over. Which area in NZ are you guys looking at?

You guys are quite a few around the Durban area : You, Badprop, MJ, Sandramiles, Nazmohamed are ones that come to mind immediately, but I am sure there are more. I know MJ was mentioning something about a meetup next month? You guys should join them and start making some friends then the 'huishoender' wil feel more 'tuis' when she get to NZ   :D ;D

:gl: for the house today.

Offline Rhodan

• Certified Addict
« Reply #3 on: May 06, 2007, 08:37:50 am »
Welcome to the forum !

Sheesh so many people from Toti, I don't blame you all for wanting to leave that place.  :2funny:

I'm originally from Toti as well.

Offline MJ

• Certified Addict
  • Cambridge
« Reply #4 on: May 06, 2007, 09:15:53 am »
Hi Tania and Badprop

Nolan is right there a a few of us in Durbs now.  We will definately have a meetup next month, Shirls is also from Durban and currently on LSD in NZ so I am hoping that she will be able to join us next month and share her literature and experience.  We had a meetup last month when Nolan was down and it really is great.    :clap:

Offline Marilize

« Reply #5 on: May 06, 2007, 10:06:12 am »
Hi Tania
Not to worry - since I've been here I've only spoken English in the shops.  The town is full of SAns and they are absolutely divine.  There is a whole network of people - one couple invited us to dinner and introduced us to another couple.  Couple 2 then invited us for coffee and introduced us to couple 3, and so on.  So you'll soon establish a network of SA friends in addition to everyone else you meet here!

Offline chantel

« Reply #6 on: May 06, 2007, 10:11:29 am »
welcome !! hope everything goes smoothly

« Reply #6 on: May 06, 2007, 10:11:29 am »

Offline Happy Expat

• Veteran
  • NZ, now Melbourne, Australia
« Reply #7 on: May 06, 2007, 11:33:38 am »
Welcome Tania :clap:

Holding thumbs your hubby gets a job super quick so you and your bub can join him soon O0

Offline Johan01

• Certified Addict
« Reply #8 on: May 06, 2007, 12:58:35 pm »
Hi Tania, welcome and :gl: with the house

Offline zatexnz

• Wizard
  • Hamilton, NZ
    • Colorific Photography
« Reply #9 on: May 06, 2007, 05:38:11 pm »
Welcome Tania!
My granfolks used to live in Toti, and I have fond memories of holidays there.  I always wished that I could live there! 

All the best with the house sales.  Have you guys started your EOI yet?  Or are you waiting for DH's trip to NZ?
lekker sweet as, y'all
~ Colleen

Offline nazmahomed

« Reply #10 on: May 07, 2007, 09:55:56 am »
Hey Tania,

Welcome to the site....and yep, I am also from Durbs. I hope I get to meet all you guys at a meet up before we leave....

by the way, for all you guys moving to Auckland, makes the rugby match between the Blues and Sharks all the more interesting, doesnt it?? enjoy guys ;)
"never let the fear of striking out,keep you from playing the game"

Offline Tania

« Reply #11 on: May 07, 2007, 08:38:48 pm »
Hello and thank you for all the well wishes.

We will submit the EOI once hubby's been to NZ.  Not sure where we are going to stay yet.  Personally i would try and get as far away from Auckland cause of city life.  would prefer out in the country side, but all with depend on where hubby gets a job.......

Yeah,  hope to meet up on a get together soon :blush:

« Reply #11 on: May 07, 2007, 08:38:48 pm »

Offline Happy Expat

• Veteran
« Reply #12 on: May 07, 2007, 10:20:45 pm »
Come to Christchurch, it's very much a country city ;)

..............oh and we need more braai buddies :whistle:

Offline Nolan

• Administrator
  • Supreme Being
  • Stanmore Bay, Auckland
    • Art by Nolan
« Reply #13 on: May 07, 2007, 11:24:43 pm »
Shame, some of us will have to go to Chch, we can't leave Happy and Jeannel all on their own there  :P

Offline Happy Expat

• Veteran
« Reply #14 on: May 07, 2007, 11:56:25 pm »
Yeah, I'd like you guys to start splitting yourselves up :knuppel2: From now on every second member will move to Chch O0 :knuppel2: ;D