Advice and Support for South Africans Immigrating to New Zealand

South Africans Going To New Zealand

Author Topic: Who are you ???  (Read 10475 times)

Offline Johan01

• Certified Addict
Who are you ???
« on: May 06, 2007, 10:48:48 am »
Johan and Jolene with two boys Chase 6 and Pieter 8 from Pretoria. Occupations accountants. Jolene is actually the one with all the skills but not on the skills shortage list, You see NZIA doesn't always have evrything right. Amongst her skills Mother, Wife, Companion Teacher, Chef, Interior Decorator, Buyer, Nurse, Project Manager, Driver, Events Co-ordinator, Kids Story Teller. The last one she's very good at and we are thinking of getting all down and publish short stories on CD or Internet. So Nolan once we are settled I will speak to you for assistance.
« Last Edit: May 06, 2007, 12:47:53 pm by Johan01 »

Offline Happy Expat

• Veteran
  • NZ, now Melbourne, Australia
Re: Who are you ???
« Reply #1 on: May 06, 2007, 11:30:17 am »
Linda, Darran and Skyla (8yrs old) from SA, then lived in the UK for 4 yrs and now been in NZ for 1 yr and 4 months O0 :clap:
Occupations; Me - House excutive and operations manager form our "on the side company", Ballistic Performance
Hubby - Senior mechanic and all round good guy O0

SA Going to NZ Advice Forum

« Reply #1 on: May 06, 2007, 11:30:17 am »

Offline Nolan

• Administrator
  • Supreme Being
  • Stanmore Bay, Auckland
    • Art by Nolan
« Reply #2 on: May 06, 2007, 04:34:22 pm »
Cool thread Johan.

Nolan, Mel and Candice (6), currently in Gauteng. We have two small businesses which we intend to continue with in NZ (when we finally get there  ??? - I have wanted to leave since 2001, but for various reasons coudn't).  The one business is a web design company, then I also teach folks to paint (so if you are headed Auckland direction, you can sign up now already  ;)  ;D )

Currently our ETA is early March 2008.

PS - Johan, I would LOVE to get involved, especially if they are Afrikaans stories  O0

Offline zatexnz

• Wizard
  • Hamilton, NZ
    • Colorific Photography
« Reply #3 on: May 06, 2007, 05:52:25 pm »
Colleen and Jan, Joshua (8 ) and Heidi (6). 
I am a CHEO (Chief Home Executive Officer) and Jan is an Analyst Programmer (IT).
We left SA in 1998 and came to America (Texas).  Bought a house after 8 months, and been in it since.
Due to our immigration not working out in the USA, we are now heading to NZ, where I have 2 sisters and a Dad already there. 
We are not sure yet where we will settle, but probably in the North Shore area, or there abouts, or the other option is somewhere round the Lake Taupo, or Hamilton areas....
We have to be out of the States by September 2007.
lekker sweet as, y'all
~ Colleen

Offline Johan01

• Certified Addict
« Reply #4 on: May 06, 2007, 07:10:10 pm »
They are Nolan and they are excellent she even get me glued onto them, and she makes them up she goes along. Normally one story takes about 45 min to 1 hour, the kids LOVE it.

Offline rodz

• Rodney
« Reply #5 on: May 06, 2007, 08:31:17 pm »
Rodney,Mariaan ,Marco(9) and Danni(5). Living in PMB.
NZ started in 96 already.Got excellent offer to go.Left it cause i just met the missus.
Been haggling to go since 2003.
Am a qualified Electrician with construction, AutoCAD,PLC programming experience and Motor experience.
Wife home executive :D. She truly loves her job!!! ;D
Hopeful ETA Oct 2007 or early Jan.Looking for last Xmas with family!!
German Engineering At Its Best-BMW

Offline nazmahomed

« Reply #6 on: May 07, 2007, 09:50:42 am »
Naz, Khalil and Tariq (4). Trying since early 2006 and finally managed to secure a job offer. Hubby is a Line Mechanic and I am a Technical Assistant. We will be leaving in about 3 months if all goes to plan and our visas are issued. I CANT WAIT  ;D

Will apply for PR once we are in NZ. Going to South Auckland. Still fretting about lots of things but I am sure they will iron themselves out in good time. My 4 year old is excited too....but he doesnt understand seperation yet, so he has some big lessons coming his way...poor chap.

Naz
"never let the fear of striking out,keep you from playing the game"

« Reply #6 on: May 07, 2007, 09:50:42 am »

Offline Nolan

• Administrator
  • Supreme Being
  • Stanmore Bay, Auckland
    • Art by Nolan
« Reply #7 on: May 07, 2007, 11:00:40 am »
Yeah, Candice also doesn't quite get the concept of overseas yet, despite us showing her on maps and Google Earth, etc. She still asks stuff like is NZ close to Brakpan, how long is the drive to NZ  :2funny:  :'(

We took her to the airshow at Rand Airport yesterday so that she can she what the inside of a Boeing looks like, we also take her JHB Airport every now and again to get her used to the idea of having to fly far, far, far away to get to NZ.
« Last Edit: May 07, 2007, 11:04:07 am by Nolan »

Offline Happy Expat

• Veteran
  • NZ, now Melbourne, Australia
« Reply #8 on: May 07, 2007, 11:33:25 am »
And if she is anything like my daughter, she will ask if she can visit a friend or family member and won't understand why you can't just drive there, then she sobs and says she misses them.......and your heart breaks :'(
On a more positive side, kids do make friends very quickly and settle in a lot faster then we do O0

Offline Anchen

« Reply #9 on: May 07, 2007, 12:46:20 pm »
Hi
We are Anchen, Herman and Amelie(turning 3 in June) from Pretoria.  After our LSD to Austalia in March and finding it too difficult to just go there on temp. visas, we desided to go to New Zealand instead. We are now quite excited about the big move although Amelie still thinks she's going to "Austraaaaliaaaa"  :D

She didn't go with us on the LSD so everytime we show her the video she says "Amelie ook daar gaan" She's got the t-shirts for OZ and her "Oom" Braam is there so we decided to leave it for now.  :confused:

We're leaving on the 3rd of September. Just packing things up and leaving, but we're faithfull that we will get jobs. There is just no other way to do it (for us). I've applied for jobs there but they all want me to be there for inteviews.  I'm an Analyst programmer and Herman an electrician. We're planning to go to Auckland because of better prospects jobwise and the fact that I've got a friend there. :)

Badprop

« Reply #10 on: May 07, 2007, 05:14:37 pm »
Hi
We are Gwen, Andre, Zoe (7) and Xander (3).  We moved down from Centurion to Toti 7 years ago.  Andre is a Branch Manager for Imperial and I am chief cook, bottle washer and plumber.  (I do not do windows)  We started exploring immigrating a year ago.  First just talking and reading but now we are actually busy with the long process of immigrating.

Offline zatexnz

• Wizard
  • Hamilton, NZ
    • Colorific Photography
« Reply #11 on: May 07, 2007, 06:40:44 pm »
So nice to "meet" you all!!!  :)
lekker sweet as, y'all
~ Colleen

« Reply #11 on: May 07, 2007, 06:40:44 pm »

Offline Johan01

• Certified Addict
« Reply #12 on: May 08, 2007, 04:53:18 pm »
Thanks so far. I will compile a database and maybe we can use it for mailing or just to know who is who. One thing is that all our children seems to be in the same age category.

Offline zatexnz

• Wizard
  • Hamilton, NZ
    • Colorific Photography
« Reply #13 on: May 08, 2007, 04:59:22 pm »
Isn't that right?!   In that case I really do hope we land up living close to some of you guys.  my kids have never had other kids their age in our immediate neighbourhood, and it really makes it hard some days not to be able to say, "go play with so-n-so"...  :-\
lekker sweet as, y'all
~ Colleen

Offline Johan01

• Certified Addict
« Reply #14 on: May 08, 2007, 05:17:03 pm »
Amongst every one on site we have the collective skills to start a new Town in NZ. How can NZ actually do with out us ???