Advice and Support for South Africans Immigrating to New Zealand

South Africans Going To New Zealand

Author Topic: Who are you ???  (Read 12393 times)

Offline zatexnz

• Wizard
  • Hamilton, NZ
    • Colorific Photography
Re: Who are you ???
« Reply #75 on: June 28, 2007, 08:08:01 am »
 :)  I think it's harder for you guys on that end, what with the way things are, and it could so jeopardize your work situation if others knew. 

Jan's colleagues were so sweet, they had a farewell coffee and cake for him yesterday.  Even though he hasn't officially resigned, they know it's "min dae" and some of them are going on Summer vacation, so they wanted to say goodbye officially while they were all still there.  he brought home the leftover cake YUMMYY!!!
lekker sweet as, y'all
~ Colleen

tandl

« Reply #76 on: June 28, 2007, 08:49:58 am »
Yeah and another 6 or 7 months could be very painful at work if they decide to give you any grief about the whole thing.  We already have to put up with certain friends (or aquaintances rather) giving us a hard time about the decision to leave.

I cant wait until we have those stickers!!  :heeha:

SA Going to NZ Advice Forum

« Reply #76 on: June 28, 2007, 08:49:58 am »

Badprop

« Reply #77 on: June 28, 2007, 08:57:22 am »
Tandl you have amazing self control.  If friends didn't tell us they were leaving and just sat there two faced and all, I would have  :knuppel2: :death: :hammer: :hang: them. 

Offline Nolan

• Administrator
  • Supreme Being
  • Stanmore Bay, Auckland
    • Art by Nolan
« Reply #78 on: June 28, 2007, 11:04:24 am »
I can't understand how anybody will not tell you that they are leaving when you have told them that you are also leaving  :confused:

Back to the anonymous thing - nobody needs to know who you are - you can use a nickname of your choosing on the forum and hide your email address so nobody will even know who is on the other side chatting away.

Offline Johan01

• Certified Addict
« Reply #79 on: June 28, 2007, 11:09:38 am »
people having a lot to say about you leaving .. is just jealous, an selfish. In any case who are they to prescribe your life for you. I make my own decisions and evaluate them against criteria that is relavant to me and my lifestyle and living standards. If this is different from somebody els's let it be so. I am my own person and not an extention of somebody els.

tandl

« Reply #80 on: June 28, 2007, 12:49:21 pm »
Ha ha, well badprop, I initially thought he was pulling my leg.  Then I gave him hell....  :tickedoff: but I get it.  They were worried that if too many people got to know, someone would slip up.  They didnt tell anyone at all and I was one of the very first people they did tell.  I think they had a couple of sleepless nights about breaking the news to me!!!

Did I mention Im very forgiving???  O0

And as for those who have a lot to say about us leaving Johan, I dont care.  I also have some supportive friends who wont/cant go but are behind us all the way and I have a feeling they want to see how we do before they make the decision.

Offline mandyh

• Certified Addict
« Reply #81 on: July 09, 2007, 01:27:16 pm »
Hi there everyone. 
My name is Mandy and for now that's all the names you'll get from me.  As seen in a previous thread on here I'm in a rather difficult postion that I'm unable to explain at this point.

We have not even submitted an EOI yet so nothing is moving at this stage.  An immigration agent that we have submitted out CV's to is in NZ at the moment.  Have an appointment with her for when she returns.  At this stage not sure if we will consider going immediately (as soon as that's possible) on work permits or if we'll take some more time to think this through.

Unfortunately for us we have a very complex situation on our hands before we can consider the move.  After the agent meeting I'll hopefully be able to divulge more of our story.

I'm partially related to Malcolm and Toni who left for NZ on the 20th June.  They're having a great down down there.  In a way I wish we were there too - but patience is the big name to this game!

Enjoy reading everyone else's experiences - learning lots through you guys.

« Reply #81 on: July 09, 2007, 01:27:16 pm »

Offline Nolan

• Administrator
  • Supreme Being
  • Stanmore Bay, Auckland
    • Art by Nolan
« Reply #82 on: July 09, 2007, 02:38:40 pm »
let's hope your agent comes through for you...

Offline Happy Expat

• Veteran
  • NZ, now Melbourne, Australia
« Reply #83 on: July 09, 2007, 08:02:21 pm »
 :gl:

Offline nazmahomed

« Reply #84 on: July 30, 2007, 01:44:55 pm »
happy anniversary Jan...I am also not looking forward to being parted from my husband, but it is for the best
I just sent off hubby's visa application. I have to play the waiting game again..something I'm not very good at
"never let the fear of striking out,keep you from playing the game"

Offline MJ

• Certified Addict
  • Cambridge
« Reply #85 on: July 30, 2007, 06:25:21 pm »
congratulations Jan - you can have a double celebration in NZ next year.  :clap:  :clap:

Offline Sandramiles

« Reply #86 on: July 31, 2007, 09:43:11 am »
Hi All

You probalby wondering where I have been or maybe not.  Charlie arrived in Auckland two weeks ago now and loving every minute of it, he is staying at a homestay for the time being, he is having his final interview on thursday with the big boys so we are holding thumbs he has had three interviews already so hopefully this is it.....

I am so busy this side, it really is not funny when hubby goes first and wifey is left to sell the car and house ect.  Although our house is sold we still waiting for the money as the strike has casued huge delays.  MJ you told me once that you did this when Jason went a few yaers ago and you had to sell up.... I now agree that I would not do it this way again.

My boys and I are missing him already, and the stress levels are high on my side.  What with packers, selling car, house, selling odd items, cleaning items that need to be packed as everything must be clean - what to take what not to etc..... 

Feeling a bit sad at the moment , I jsut wish we could have gone over as a family....

Sandy

« Reply #86 on: July 31, 2007, 09:43:11 am »

worsie

« Reply #87 on: July 31, 2007, 12:12:26 pm »
Hi All

You probalby wondering where I have been or maybe not.  Charlie arrived in Auckland two weeks ago now and loving every minute of it, he is staying at a homestay for the time being, he is having his final interview on thursday with the big boys so we are holding thumbs he has had three interviews already so hopefully this is it.....

I am so busy this side, it really is not funny when hubby goes first and wifey is left to sell the car and house ect.  Although our house is sold we still waiting for the money as the strike has casued huge delays.  MJ you told me once that you did this when Jason went a few yaers ago and you had to sell up.... I now agree that I would not do it this way again.

My boys and I are missing him already, and the stress levels are high on my side.  What with packers, selling car, house, selling odd items, cleaning items that need to be packed as everything must be clean - what to take what not to etc..... 

Feeling a bit sad at the moment , I jsut wish we could have gone over as a family....

Sandy

Hi Sandy, hang in there, it will all be worth it in the end. I am in a similar situation and am sitting here in Wellington without my wife and daughter. Its hard, very hard but it gives me the time to get everything sorted so that as soon as my family arrives this side, there is no stress. By November I would have gotten the whole house organized etc, be settled in my new job etc. Its stressful at times, but believe me you guys are doing the right thing and its a small sacrifice you are making apart for a safe and happy life all together, this is the way I am seeing it anyway. As much as I wish my wife and daughter were here, I don't think I would have been able to settle into work as easy. Hang in there, the time will fly by.

Offline Sandramiles

« Reply #88 on: July 31, 2007, 12:55:36 pm »
Thanks Worsie,

You right sometime we have to make small sacrifices to get big wins and i know that when I do go over it will al be worth it. Hubby willbe doing the same as you are get the house and everything.

thanks again.

Sandy

Offline Nolan

• Administrator
  • Supreme Being
  • Stanmore Bay, Auckland
    • Art by Nolan
« Reply #89 on: July 31, 2007, 08:51:49 pm »
Sandra, nice to hear from you again, was starting to wonder if you guys had got cold feet because we had not heard from you for so long. Glad to hear that just the opposite is true  :clap:

Hang in there, before you know it all is behind you and forgotten, then all that is left is your wonderful new lives.

Tell Charlie that we are holding thumbs for that job  O0