Advice and Support for South Africans Immigrating to New Zealand

South Africans Going To New Zealand

Author Topic: Who are you ???  (Read 12390 times)

Offline Jen T

Re: Who are you ???
« Reply #90 on: July 31, 2007, 11:51:02 pm »
Hi everyone
I was part of the forum over the last month or so and then something went wrong with my password.  Anyway, my previous posts seem to have disappeared too.  We are Pete and Jen.  We have daughter(12) and twins- boy and girl(10).  We were from Empangeni but moved to Cape Towna few years ago.  I think you might remember my questions about medical waivers.
A quick reminder, my twin girl is 'developmentally delayed'  and has a mild form of autism. Sandy, I think you are very brave .  Many of our friends have done it that way and altho' it is really tough and stressful, you will get through it.    :gl:
Because our case is complicated, we have chosen to go through a small agency. Our first appointment is on the 14th.  We have 135 points without jobs, but feel that in order to give us the best possible chance of getting over, Pete will have to secure a job.
We are hoping to go far North- Kerikeri or somewhere close.  Pete is a farmer, so wants to find something in agric.
Sandy, it looks as tho' I will need your pearls of wisdom if we do the same as you have done.!!
Jen
EOI submitted 2 July 2008 120 points no job selcted! 3 July 2008

Badprop

« Reply #91 on: August 01, 2007, 06:20:04 am »
It can't be easy sitting in a strange country trying to make a start from scratch and not having your OH there.  It also can't be easy staying behind and doing the  final packing and selling on your own.  But you guys are doing it for each other, to make things better for your selfs and for your OH.  It takes guts to do this on your own and you need to pat your self on your back for having the courage to do this.  It takes guts and a very strong person to keep it together in these stressful times.   And keep in mind that this day to will come to an end.  So chin up and be proud of what you are accomplishing on your own.  Job well done to you Sandra and Worsie. O0

SA Going to NZ Advice Forum

« Reply #91 on: August 01, 2007, 06:20:04 am »

Offline Nolan

• Administrator
  • Supreme Being
  • Stanmore Bay, Auckland
    • Art by Nolan
« Reply #92 on: August 01, 2007, 09:26:30 am »
Hi Jen sorry about the lost posts. 
I am sure you guys will be fine
:gl: and keep us posted

Offline Didi77

• Resident
« Reply #93 on: August 01, 2007, 09:35:20 pm »
Hi Sandy

I have been trying to convince my hubby to go without us and get a job/ settle etc... now that I read your mail I think perhaps it is just as well that he never wanted to and that we will now be going togther.

We are hoping the interviews coming up will help us get there by Dec....  I'm sure once I arrive on the other side with a suitcase, three irritated kids, a tired husband and no where to stay I will envy you though! ;)

It's tough now but one of the days you will all be together again. and SAFE!! Holding thumbs and let us know how it's going, Ok? :)

Offline mandyh

• Certified Addict
« Reply #94 on: August 08, 2007, 01:45:03 pm »
Hi again everyone
I'm Mandy (with the strange situation :-))  I can now say it's also Bruce and my son Kyle (18).
We have had our questions answered by an agent and plan to be in Auckland mid to late January 2008.  We are not doing the PR route as we don't qualify without jobs - we all know how hard that is to secure when not in NZ!! 
So we're taking the plunge and going on visitors visas and finding jobs there.  Hoping it won't be too difficult.  I'm a bookkeeper and Bruce was once a while back with Telkom/TFMC.  Not sure yet what he'll be going into.
We have Bruce's brother in Howick, Auckland already - been there since June and doing well.

My son Kyle is doing matric so we've decided to wait for him to finish before going across.

Now the hard work starts - getting our papers into order.

Got lots of questions but will read more on "my move" first.

Offline Rhodan

• Certified Addict
« Reply #95 on: August 08, 2007, 02:00:48 pm »
Hi Mandy,  :gl: with everything. Just ask if you have any questions.

What agent are you using ?

tandl

« Reply #96 on: August 08, 2007, 02:08:08 pm »
Hi Mandy, I remember a little while ago NZ Telekom (hope I have the name right) was looking for people.  Perhaps get your hubby to get someone to contact there.

Good luck!

« Reply #96 on: August 08, 2007, 02:08:08 pm »

Offline Rhodan

• Certified Addict
« Reply #97 on: August 08, 2007, 02:11:57 pm »

Offline mandyh

• Certified Addict
« Reply #98 on: August 08, 2007, 02:58:58 pm »
Thanks Tandl - will have a look at their website.

Rhodan we're using Forman Hendrikse in Cape Town.  Have had two good reports about them. Hope we're doing the right thing here.

Get very nervous about all this every now and then.

Offline Nolan

• Administrator
  • Supreme Being
  • Stanmore Bay, Auckland
    • Art by Nolan
« Reply #99 on: August 08, 2007, 04:44:01 pm »
 :gl: with the job hunting guys

Offline Rhodan

• Certified Addict
« Reply #100 on: August 08, 2007, 05:41:05 pm »
Rhodan we're using Forman Hendrikse in Cape Town.  Have had two good reports about them. Hope we're doing the right thing here.

Get very nervous about all this every now and then.

I have heard of them, I'm sure you will be fine, it's natural to be nervous.  :gl: and just ask on the forum if you have any questions.  O0

Offline Didi77

• Resident
« Reply #101 on: August 08, 2007, 08:06:47 pm »
 ;)Hi Mandy. Goodluck with the start of things.... We will also be going Dec/ Jan so we will see you in Howic.

Let us know if we can help

« Reply #101 on: August 08, 2007, 08:06:47 pm »

Offline adam55

« Reply #102 on: August 09, 2007, 12:13:23 pm »
Hi
 we are Adam, Jean, Amy (23) and Patrick (21), currently still in J'burg but have already bought a house in Nelson, sold our house here and the packers arrive late Sept! No job yet but I'm trusting that it too will fall into place at the right moment!

Jean and I decided to start a new adventure after I was "outsourced" ::), take advantage of my NZ citizenship - seemed a waste not to use it  :idiot2: - so it's the parents leaving home instead of the kids  ;)
My mum was a kiwi and arranged citizenship for all her kids many years ago. Looking at the numbers of people heading for Oz/NZ these days it is strange that I have sat on this asset for so long! Anyway, being outsourced and over 50 has provided the neccessary "get up and go" encouragement.
We've been doing it ourselves so far (with quite a lot of reference to this site), but am considering some help for the last financial arrangements.
Jean is the only one that needs to get a PR (tho' with hubby and both kids NZ citizens I can't see that should be a problem) we will try the "family stream work permit" route when we arrive in Oct'07 - should come thru within the three month visitors visa - and then go for the PR that takes so much longer!

Would be keen to hear from anyone who has emmigrated with their pets - how did they manage?

Offline Didi77

• Resident
« Reply #103 on: August 09, 2007, 01:01:16 pm »
Hi Adam. We are also looking for some-one to give us a bit of financial advice around pension, insurance etc.... if you know of someone that has links in NZ drop us a name and number ok? We are not taking any pets.

Lucky you with that citizenship and clever mom!! :)

Offline Rhodan

• Certified Addict
« Reply #104 on: August 09, 2007, 02:04:04 pm »
Hi adam and family, welcome to the site !

:gl: with the move.