Advice and Support for South Africans Immigrating to New Zealand

South Africans Going To New Zealand

Author Topic: elive.co.nz  (Read 3122 times)

Offline kirst1

elive.co.nz
« on: January 25, 2011, 03:28:54 am »
Has anyone used this website or know anyone who has? I'm looking for a new camera, but hardly any of the usual suspects have it in pink (yes, I know!!) and came across it today when I was googling it.

There seem to be positive reviews and it all looks legit, but I am somewhat apprehensive. The prices are pretty good, about $60 cheaper than Noel Leeming/ Harvey Norman... They have an online chat help desk and their answer to their low prices is A, they are an online order system so they have no store which means lower overhead costs, and B they have low profit high turnover, which makes sense but still....

Any help is muchly appreciated!

Cheers

Offline Savayla

• Certified Addict
Re: elive.co.nz
« Reply #1 on: January 25, 2011, 09:03:43 am »
Sorry, I don't know this website.  But when in SA, I used an online company to buy my camera.  They were R1500 cheaper than anywhere else.  I was very suspect, and phoned them.  I got even more suspicious when they said they don't take credit cards.  But there was something about them, students nogal, and I went with it.  Received  everything as ordered.

Perhaps phone them and have a chat ? 

Sorry, no other help than this,.

SA Going to NZ Advice Forum

« Reply #1 on: January 25, 2011, 09:03:43 am »

Offline magusta

« Reply #2 on: January 25, 2011, 09:32:58 am »
don't know them, but bought my superzoom (lumix fz35dmc) from einfo.co.nz excellent pricing too. the fz100 is the new model

Offline kirst1

« Reply #3 on: January 25, 2011, 11:54:14 pm »
Thanks for the replies- I bit the bullet and ordered from them this morning, holding thumbs it actually arrives now!

Offline zatexnz

• Wizard
  • Hamilton, NZ
    • Colorific Photography
« Reply #4 on: January 26, 2011, 07:45:30 am »
when you want to buy a camera, you want to take quality pics, and then colour of camera should not be one of the features of the camera.... hope you're happy with your choice. 
lekker sweet as, y'all
~ Colleen

Offline kirst1

« Reply #5 on: January 26, 2011, 08:54:26 pm »
I ordered it yesterday and it just arrived at my work! And I love it!! It takes amazing photos I'm so happy! Would definitely recommend this site!!

Offline zatexnz

• Wizard
  • Hamilton, NZ
    • Colorific Photography
« Reply #6 on: January 27, 2011, 01:42:35 pm »
That is great Kirst1!!   May I ask what make of camera you bought?
lekker sweet as, y'all
~ Colleen

SA Going to NZ Advice Forum

« Reply #6 on: January 27, 2011, 01:42:35 pm »

Offline zatexnz

• Wizard
  • Hamilton, NZ
    • Colorific Photography
« Reply #7 on: January 27, 2011, 02:03:45 pm »
I must admit their prices are truly awesome - nearly $100 cheaper then Noel Screaming on the camera I've been eyeing..
lekker sweet as, y'all
~ Colleen

Offline kirst1

« Reply #8 on: January 27, 2011, 08:48:33 pm »
I got a Sony Cybershot DCW350- I love it! The best feature is the sweep panorama- and it has a wide lens so there are a lot of features you normally only get with a bigger, more expensive camera in a handy little size that fits in your pocket! And it came with a bonus 4gb memory card :)

Their prices are so good, plus the free delivery is awesome!! Although I paid with my credit card  rather than direct debit just incase- but it was still way cheaper than anywhere else I saw it!!

Offline Crusader

« Reply #9 on: January 28, 2011, 01:13:50 am »
their HP Ink Cartdridges are also dirt cheap...