Advice and Support for South Africans Immigrating to New Zealand

South Africans Going To New Zealand

Author Topic: Only ANC people go to heaven !!!  (Read 1524 times)

Offline usnels

Only ANC people go to heaven !!!
« on: February 13, 2011, 08:57:22 pm »
Last weekend, Jacob Zuma :idiot2: (SERIOUSLY !!!!) told the hoards at an ANC rally that they must vote ANC, because if they don't, they are voting for "that little man with horns", YES, the devil  >:D !!! Furthermore, when they want to go to heaven one day, if they don't have an ANC members card, God  :angel: won't let them in !!!

I don't know if I should roll around laughing, or worry about family still there !!!
EOI submitted   30-11-2010
Arrived cowboy style     27-12-2010
Job offer   21-01-2011
EOI selected   26-01-2011
ITA issued    31-03-2011
ITA submitted    19-04-2011

Offline Savayla

• Certified Addict
Re: Only ANC people go to heaven !!!
« Reply #1 on: February 13, 2011, 09:14:44 pm »
When I read something like this, I truly feel despair for this country.   I can't even laugh, as I feel so sorry for everyone. 

Did you read this article about Bono saying it was ok for Malema to sing the Shoot the Boer song ?  http://www.timeslive.co.za/local/article910725.ece/Bono-backs-Malemas-shoot-the-boer-song 

Honestly, people like this.  Have money, no brains.  :knuppel2: Think they know the situation in a country, breeze in and out on their jets, yet have absolutely no bloody idea about anything !!! 

Ok, have had my rant for the morning.  Thanks for listening.  :(

SA Going to NZ Advice Forum

« Reply #1 on: February 13, 2011, 09:14:44 pm »

Offline robcraignz

« Reply #2 on: February 14, 2011, 03:59:00 am »
Considered that his name may just be a shortened version of "Bonehead(o)", seems to fit the character and the fool! Never ceases to amaze me, that those with the least knowledge are the most outspoken - good old empty barrel stuff hey????  :thumbdown: :confused: :thumbdown:

Offline Rover

« Reply #3 on: February 14, 2011, 12:12:35 pm »
Last weekend, Jacob Zuma :idiot2: (SERIOUSLY !!!!) told the hoards at an ANC rally that they must vote ANC, because if they don't, they are voting for "that little man with horns", YES, the devil  >:D !!! Furthermore, when they want to go to heaven one day, if they don't have an ANC members card, God  :angel: won't let them in !!!

I don't know if I should roll around laughing, or worry about family still there !!!

It is a very dangerous mix; religion and politics, but its as old as those concepts themselves.

Especially when a good dollop of emotion and a lack of understanding is added, it seems to cause a smoking powder keg faster than anything known to man.

I think the ANC's campaign for the elections will be based on emotion, religion and entrenched ignorance when I look at the way things are going now.

Looking at their religious utterings, they've already started their campaign.
Cuius testiculos habes, habeas cardia et cerebellum.
May we not live in Interesting Times.
I need a place to lay down, a place where I feel like I still exist. - Asp

Offline Rover

« Reply #4 on: February 14, 2011, 03:23:25 pm »
When I read something like this, I truly feel despair for this country.   I can't even laugh, as I feel so sorry for everyone. 

Did you read this article about Bono saying it was ok for Malema to sing the Shoot the Boer song ?  http://www.timeslive.co.za/local/article910725.ece/Bono-backs-Malemas-shoot-the-boer-song 

Honestly, people like this.  Have money, no brains.  :knuppel2: Think they know the situation in a country, breeze in and out on their jets, yet have absolutely no bloody idea about anything !!! 

Ok, have had my rant for the morning.  Thanks for listening.  :(

On the contrary, I think they have a huge amount of brains, and before shooting me, hear me out.

Bono never said the "kill the boer" bit is acceptable, he said struggle songs in general are in the right context.  The media crafted it such to create the perception that he supported Malema on that particular song, while he never did. 

Very sneaky...

You have to remember, U2 has always been about politics.  Its their PR angle.  The show last night was a "free Burma to the music of U2"-event. 

Bono is a self assumed "global freedom ambassador" and it's a good PR exercise for him to be associated with "freedom fighters" like the ANC, especially the ones with a positive international image.  It gets him Nobel prizes and lots of invites to come and talk about saving the oppressed from the baddies.

The U2 PR people were probably looking for something controversial, but politically correct enough, for a while and "kill the boer" was their opportunity to make a noise, but they never even needed to mention that particular song.  It sort of fell in their laps and gave them a lot of milage very quickly, without actually saying something really controvertial.

So, for U2 and Bono it is perfect, in being controversial and emotional enough a subject to cause media interest, and perfect in that a cop-out is already in place too (he already said the song should be sung in the right context), should the proverbial dung hit the rotating blades...

Its all about making money in the end, and U2 found their niche and is milking it for all it is worth with unbelievable planning and foresight.

(I wasn't there, U2 for me is a "buy the CD band", unlike Rammstein, which ROCKED on Friday evening...)

Offline Rover

« Reply #5 on: February 16, 2011, 12:42:14 pm »
I was expecting something like this:

Bono: It was taken out of context

Offline SA3001

• Certified Addict
« Reply #6 on: February 17, 2011, 04:37:12 am »
Yawn - sorry bunch of fools.  So glad I don't have to hear these idiotic mutterings day in and day out anymore.  Like the guy at the petrol station said this morning "another beautiful day in paradise" - how right he is  :)

SA Going to NZ Advice Forum

« Reply #6 on: February 17, 2011, 04:37:12 am »