Advice and Support for South Africans Immigrating to New Zealand

South Africans Going To New Zealand

Author Topic: Blood & bullets on Beyers Naude  (Read 3592 times)

Offline Rover

Re: Blood & bullets on Beyers Naude
« Reply #15 on: April 04, 2011, 11:39:58 pm »
Cyclewife, you are completely right, but this was not the issue that was being debated.  I just saw photos of a crowd of students in London, throwing rocks and bottles at Prince Charles and Camilla in their car, as they were upset that their fees had gone up.  Hmmmmm, any comments ?

Those students should be held personally accountable for their actions.  Hold them responsible for every cent worth of damage they cause and prosecute them for putting peoples lives in danger.
Cuius testiculos habes, habeas cardia et cerebellum.
May we not live in Interesting Times.
I need a place to lay down, a place where I feel like I still exist. - Asp

Offline Feather

• Resident
  • Heather - Kaiapoi, Christchurch
« Reply #16 on: April 05, 2011, 01:45:14 am »
I have to agree Rover.

SA Going to NZ Advice Forum

« Reply #16 on: April 05, 2011, 01:45:14 am »

Offline Savayla

• Certified Addict
« Reply #17 on: April 05, 2011, 05:34:05 am »
I do agree with you all.  But everyone missed the point regarding what was happening in SA.   Their lives are in danger in those living conditions.  Believe me, I am not a bleeding heart, but I think it is ridiculous that the SA government is still on the gravy train and doesn't do anything that they promised.  I would burn tyres and throw rocks if I was living in a shack still.

I am not condoning, but I am understanding.   As for when they burn busses, etc., well that is a completely different story and they should be held accountable.  We are, through our tax !!!! 

Offline zatexnz

• Wizard
  • Hamilton, NZ
    • Colorific Photography
« Reply #18 on: April 05, 2011, 10:18:51 am »
I think the problem here is that you and I have been raised with different mindsets, moral standards, than the majority of the African people.  If you were to take one of those children, when they're only about 5 or 6yrs old, and then bring them into your family, discipline them and teach them your standards, they would turn out totally different.  It all comes down to education, and I'm not talking about schools.  I'm talking about what you learn before academics gets stuffed down your throat at school.  I have seen kids who are little rascals, be totally transformed, when they've been adopted by  a loving family willing to place down boundaries, and teach them the basics of life. 
I too do not condone what is happening, but we can all sit and point fingers, but the problem is not the people breaking things and killing people - that is the RESULT of the problem.  Unfortunately the problem is too big and too far gone to change with a flick of the finger.  I don't have the answers to this problem myself.  I wish I did!
lekker sweet as, y'all
~ Colleen

Offline cyclewife

• Let the roller coaster ride begin
« Reply #19 on: April 05, 2011, 12:53:56 pm »
but I think it is ridiculous that the SA government is still on the gravy train and doesn't do anything that they promised. 

Hell yeah - and what a gravy train they are on.  Malema in the news again - wants 60% of Anglo... plus our government officials spending R800 mil on private jets for transporting VIP's.. we're in a lost generation here - the writing has been on the wall for ages already.

It all comes down to education, and I'm not talking about schools.  I'm talking about what you learn before academics gets stuffed down your throat at school.  ....................., but the problem is not the people breaking things and killing people - that is the RESULT of the problem.  Unfortunately the problem is too big and too far gone to change with a flick of the finger.  I don't have the answers to this problem myself.  I wish I did!

ABsolutely agree - discipline & ethics & morals start at HOME... its the foundation built by parents. And lets face it - youth vandalising & committing crimes..... that is what THEY are going to teach their children.. snow ball affect.
There are many black families out there that are giving their children the right foundation - but unfortunately they too are being outnumbered by the rest of the population who are causing havoc...

Oh - & our esteemed Mr Malema also states in his address...
“An uprising is coming to South Africa, and the uprising won’t be against the ANC,” he said to screaming and cheering members of the ANCYL.

“The uprising will target white men and white monopolies,” he warned. “It won’t be aimed at white women.”

To prevent the revolution from losing steam, Malema urged a full hall in the Ehlanzeni District Municipality building to have as many babies as possible. ­

“Having babies is a revolutionary thing. You must reproduce! If you shame a black man about his large family, you should immediately change your ­attitude.”

you can read the full article here.... this reiterates why all of us have or want to leave SA.. :tickedoff:

http://www.fin24.com/Companies/Mining/We-want-60-of-Anglo-says-Malema-20110306
Medicals Done - 31 Aug 2011
LTBV app sent - 16 Sept 2011
LTBV approved - 10 Feb 2012
Passports sent - 10 Feb 2012
Passports received with visa - 20 Feb 2012
House sold - 25 Feb 2012
Attorney instructed - 08 March 2012