Advice and Support for South Africans Immigrating to New Zealand

South Africans Going To New Zealand

Author Topic: Crime in NZ  (Read 8250 times)

brad77

Re: Crime in NZ
« Reply #15 on: May 17, 2007, 08:52:00 am »
Glad I have some support on my African opinions.

I think Europe can be great again especially Eastern Europe and Russia. Yes, they are flooding into Western Europe but most are highly skilled and educated. That is more than can be said for the African refugees.

Offline Nolan

• Administrator
  • Supreme Being
  • Stanmore Bay, Auckland
    • Art by Nolan
« Reply #16 on: May 17, 2007, 11:32:27 am »
You just need to read the SA Chat section to see how I feel

SA Going to NZ Advice Forum

« Reply #16 on: May 17, 2007, 11:32:27 am »

Offline natasjab

« Reply #17 on: May 17, 2007, 12:00:38 pm »
Must admit I thought as much, but I still had to ask.  We've decided not to discuss our plans with anyone anymore as some people are getting quite nasty about the whole thing.  Dirk was told the other day (by the same person who "mentioned" the Nigerians) that he "should pack his bags and go to NZ seeing that he can't stop complaining about SA".  Well, we are in the process and hopefully we'll join the rest by the end of 2007 :clap:.  The statistics about crime in SA crime definitely inaccurate :'(

Dirk deals with violent crimes every day of his life and believe me the crimes are becoming increasingly violent and the criminals younger.  Two nights ago an old lady was shot through the head for absolutely no reason.  I can carry on and on and on and about the situation in SA, but you know what we've made up our minds - we are going!  For those who do not feel like leaving - it is your choice and good luck!  All I ask is that they respect our decision and keep their nasty comments to themselves!

Offline WendyH

• Certified Addict
  • Otorohanga, Waikato
« Reply #18 on: May 17, 2007, 01:03:27 pm »
I think a lot of these people are just jealous because for various reasons they can't leave. I was listening to someone complaining about people leaving Zim  the other day and he said "why do they want to go when we have such beautiful weather here". Sure the weather is great but what about no electricity, no water, inflation predicted to be 5000% by December, over 90% unemployment etc etc!!
EOI selected - 21 May 2008
ITA received - 1 July 2008
ITA lodged - 14 July 2008
PR approved in principle 04 May 2009
Received passports with stickers - 03 June 2009

Badprop

« Reply #19 on: May 17, 2007, 01:42:02 pm »
Natasjab, I think most of us here has experienced negative reactions.  Whether from friends, family or acquaintances.  I now don't tell anybody anymore and only discuss it with people who are positive about the move, or here on this forum.  Just realize they don't matter and nobody can tell or judge another person for their life's decisions.  You have to look out for number one and remember why you are doing it.  We made a joke out of it and tell the family at least someone is going to miss us. 

Offline Nolan

• Administrator
  • Supreme Being
  • Stanmore Bay, Auckland
    • Art by Nolan
« Reply #20 on: May 17, 2007, 04:41:48 pm »
Natasja & Dirk, you go for it, you have 100% support here  O0

Offline Jolene

« Reply #21 on: May 17, 2007, 06:32:18 pm »
Our Family is negative about the move, but even if we love and care for them we have to think about ourselves....we support each other and we have all of You.  THANX!! :clap:

« Reply #21 on: May 17, 2007, 06:32:18 pm »

brad77

« Reply #22 on: May 17, 2007, 07:06:06 pm »
My family, who cant leave SA, were thrilled for me. They knew it was a good move.

I had lots of negative reaction from friends at work but they are just kidding themselves. Deep down they know you are making the right move.

Offline zatexnz

• Wizard
  • Hamilton, NZ
    • Colorific Photography
« Reply #23 on: May 17, 2007, 07:28:47 pm »
I must say, that 9 years ago when we decided to move, we had nobody against us.  Everybody was excited for us, even if they wished they could do it too... Maybe we just had great friends!  8)
lekker sweet as, y'all
~ Colleen

Offline nazmahomed

« Reply #24 on: May 18, 2007, 08:04:55 am »
I must admit too, nobody who has heard about us moving has been negative about it. Lots wish that they themselves were in a postion to leave here too, but cant. Our families are happy for us although they will miss us miserably, but they too believe that this will be best for us.

I think people who say mean things do it because they are either ignorant or spiteful, and those of you on this site or anywhere else who have decided to move surely know better.....afterall, thats why we are going and they are not
"never let the fear of striking out,keep you from playing the game"

Offline Nolan

• Administrator
  • Supreme Being
  • Stanmore Bay, Auckland
    • Art by Nolan
« Reply #25 on: May 18, 2007, 08:14:59 am »
well said Naz  O0

Offline Sandramiles

« Reply #26 on: May 18, 2007, 08:21:40 am »
I concur with you all.

We too have come across the odd person who thinks we are taking a huge risk and one friend of ours even said that they 'give us two years and we will be back' .  Fat chance of that, If i can hang in there for two years I am set :clap:  We are certainly not coming back to SA.

I agree it is best to not discuss your move with the negative ones, you might find that after a while they come asking questions and want to know bits of info - makes you think!!!!!

« Reply #26 on: May 18, 2007, 08:21:40 am »

brad77

« Reply #27 on: May 18, 2007, 08:31:11 am »
I seem to have heard a few people say "I give you two years" etc.

What are these people smoking? I can understand a SA family moving into a tiny flat in London and hating life in the UK but NZ and Australia are great. Why would I ever dream of moving back to SA. I dont miss it one little bit!

Offline Didi77

• Resident
« Reply #28 on: May 18, 2007, 08:45:41 am »
 :clap: Oh such good news!!!!! we have received an email from London to ask for our courier adress for our ITA! Never even received the "yes" for the EOI! I can not tell anyone because I'm sure I will burst out in tears. Anyway no one will understand if they have not been though this process themselves. I could not wait to get online and tell you all!

I am still waiting for police clearance etc... so will only be able to send final docs by end June. Can anyone tell me how long after I courier the docs I will get our my stamped passports? I want to take it to Arcadia to try get that immigrant discount for airtickers. I'm praying I'll be able to ssqueeze it all in before November!

Love Didi

brad77

« Reply #29 on: May 18, 2007, 08:56:18 am »
congrats!

not sure how long it will take. I did my work visa at Pretoria embassy and took a few days and my residency in Auckland and it took a month. Not sure of London. I think they will take much longer cause they are busy.