Advice and Support for South Africans Immigrating to New Zealand

South Africans Going To New Zealand

Author Topic: Accounts advise etc  (Read 1110 times)

Offline catddison

Accounts advise etc
« on: September 22, 2011, 01:45:28 pm »
 :confused: My company is looking at relocating us to NZ and this has happened rather suddenly they possibly are looking at having me over there for a bit in Nov 2011 and then allowing me to come back and pack up and be back by Jan 2012. We have wanted to immigrate to Aus and have started the process but it was more like a medium term goal.
Was wondering if anyone can comment about existing accounts- I have some accounts that I have asked to close but am paying off in line with our medium term goal, but now have to do it quicker and am not in the position financially to close these accounts. Do I notify the lenders that I am going to NZ and can I continue paying from their or do I do "cowboy style and hope for the best?" Although that is not really the desired option but I cannot afford to settle these accounts at this stage. One of them is a Revolving credit plan I have with me current bank.

Offline Gypsymom

• In the winterless north
Re: Accounts advise etc
« Reply #1 on: September 23, 2011, 12:24:46 am »
 :welcome: :welcome: Welcome to the forum.  I am sure you will get lots of helpful advice here.   :gl: :gl:
url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/]

[/url]

SA Going to NZ Advice Forum

« Reply #1 on: September 23, 2011, 12:24:46 am »

Offline SaKiwiBoer

• Guru
  • We're in Tauranga.
    • Oosthuizen family in NZ
« Reply #2 on: September 23, 2011, 06:32:20 am »
Welcome to the forum catddison.
IMHO you can pay up the one's that you can and pay the one's that you can't from here.
Cheers,
SAKB
21/03/2007-EOI submitted
18/07/2007-Selected from the Pool
07/03/2008-Receive ITA
15/05/2008-ITA Submitted-(hou duim vas)
11/12/2008-PR GRANTED-(thanx a lot!!!)

"Those who desire to give up freedom in order to gain security, will not have, nor do they deserve, either one." (Benjamin Franklin)

Offline SA3001

• Certified Addict
« Reply #3 on: September 23, 2011, 11:15:28 pm »
You don't need to do notify anybody or do anything as long as you keep paying them from here.  We haven't sold our house and the rent we get isn't enough to cover our bond, so we still pay the shortfall from here.  We also paid off a credit card from here.