Advice and Support for South Africans Immigrating to New Zealand

South Africans Going To New Zealand

Author Topic: Where do I find?  (Read 1785 times)

Offline frodo/maya

• Certified Addict
  • North Shore
Where do I find?
« on: November 10, 2011, 08:28:25 pm »
Does anybody know where I could find tie backs for curtains? I have looked everywhere but can't seem to find anything.

Gosh I miss Mr Price Home!!

My mom send me two duvet covers for Christmas and I must say even for Mr Price Home the quality is way better than some of the stuff of Briscoes. You can get very pretty ones at Farmers but you will pay an arm and a leg for it.

;)

Offline Tui

• Certified Addict
Re: Where do I find?
« Reply #1 on: November 10, 2011, 08:36:06 pm »
I so agree with you there, Mr Price Home was excellent - and Mr Price clothing. Why not make your own :) Just the pieces of material and hooks, this is if you do not come right. I used lovely ribbons for my 'tie backs' homemade but gorgeous! BTW, go and look in Salvation Army and Red Cross, sometimes they have those 'bargain bins' with **** in, cushions, pillows, belts etc.....but hell, sometimes you find a little treasure or two!

x

~ Until one has loved an animal, part of their soul remains unawakened~

SA Going to NZ Advice Forum

« Reply #1 on: November 10, 2011, 08:36:06 pm »

Offline SA3001

• Certified Addict
« Reply #2 on: November 11, 2011, 12:56:41 am »
What Rockhopper said  O0

Offline frodo/maya

• Certified Addict
  • North Shore
« Reply #3 on: November 11, 2011, 08:45:32 pm »
Thanks julle.

Yep Rockhopper I have looked everywhere, the ones that are really pretty is going to cost me a fortune. Think I should consider making it myself although sewing is not my greatest strength.  :-X

Offline zatexnz

• Wizard
  • Hamilton, NZ
    • Colorific Photography
« Reply #4 on: November 12, 2011, 03:28:37 am »
So.... what IS your strength?  perhaps we could exchange? 
I've done that before - a friend of mine needed "smocks" to wear over her clothes while she did  her pottery work.  I sewed the smocks and she made me some mugs, bowls and a serving dish in exchange.
lekker sweet as, y'all
~ Colleen

Offline Savayla

• Certified Addict
« Reply #5 on: November 12, 2011, 06:23:52 pm »
So.... what IS your strength?  perhaps we could exchange? 
I've done that before - a friend of mine needed "smocks" to wear over her clothes while she did  her pottery work.  I sewed the smocks and she made me some mugs, bowls and a serving dish in exchange.

This is how the world should work !!!  You send Colleen the material and she makes it.  We used to work like this when living on our yacht .  Everyone exchanged things to help one another.  It was like a bank, because often the exchange was not right away and you would only get what you wanted a while away.    Since being here, my husband has done some work for a restaurant twice and from that we have got free dinners for the whole family.  I banked them and used them for special occasions.

Good luck in this.  We should start a swap and exchange column here Nolan 

Offline frodo/maya

• Certified Addict
  • North Shore
« Reply #6 on: November 13, 2011, 08:41:22 pm »
This is such a cool plan !! I agree!

I have to think what my talents are? dono really? I can organize? :-X I do make a lot of paper art stuff such as B-day calender books and cards. Have to think about this........................................ difficult one

My mother-in-law decided that my husband is going to get some iron tie backs for Christmas  ;D ;D she will be sending some over.

SA Going to NZ Advice Forum

« Reply #6 on: November 13, 2011, 08:41:22 pm »

Offline Chan in Wellington

« Reply #7 on: November 14, 2011, 11:23:30 am »
Fabulous idea!
'The only difference between a rut and a grave, is the depth'.