Advice and Support for South Africans Immigrating to New Zealand

South Africans Going To New Zealand

Author Topic: Good morning South Africa!  (Read 1353 times)

Offline lappiesm

Good morning South Africa!
« on: October 21, 2011, 08:02:29 am »
Nothing more delightful then to be woken up 03H00 in the morning by the sound of a bomb explosion!! Third time in 18 months for a matter of fact. :tickedoff:

Poor ABSA, I really think they should reconsider the placement or even the use of ATM's.  Was just replaced and strengthened. As a SAcan the only positive you take from this is that the crime is now aimed towards a piece of electronic equipment and not a person. (Just don't get in their way) Now we wonder why the banking costs is so high. :thumbdown:  Try and mention the word Cash in Transit robbery to a KIWI, they will sheepisly look at you and say they have never heard of such a crime, I have experienced it myself.

Worst of all is we see this as normal  :uglystupid2:  in SA. Jan 2012 we are out of here and can't wait to show my children what they can actually see as normal, not this war zone!
2011-09-02 EOI launched.
2011-09-07 EOI selected
2011-09-15 ITA Received
2011-10-17 ITA to London.
2011-11-23 PR approved.
2011-11-29 Passports received.
2012-01-17 Flights booked
2012-02-01 Start new job

Offline zerohennie

Re: Good morning South Africa!
« Reply #1 on: October 21, 2011, 08:15:59 am »
eish ou....sterkte chom.....here the armourguard here does not know about atm bombings etc... the cops do not carry guns on them, they keep them locked in their car's boots  :heeha:

SA Going to NZ Advice Forum

« Reply #1 on: October 21, 2011, 08:15:59 am »

Offline Savayla

• Certified Addict
« Reply #2 on: October 21, 2011, 09:42:09 am »
We were so used to men in full armour, pump high action shotguns, etc going to protect the ATM's when they emptied it or put money in.  I used to grab my girls hands and walk away very fast so we were not included in any robbery attempts. 

Friend of mine who lived in NZ for 3 years, went back home to visit her daughter.  They were coming out of a bank in Hout Bay, and all of a sudden she sees these armed me, wearing black , pump shotguns and looking menacing.  She started to shake, and eventually her legs collapsed on her and she sat on the sidewalk and was a blithering idiot, telling her daughter to run.   :2funny:  Her daughter thought she was crazy, because it was just the security guys !!!! 

Man, love , love , love living in this country.  :smitten: