Advice and Support for South Africans Immigrating to New Zealand

South Africans Going To New Zealand

Author Topic: How jacked up is this?  (Read 2245 times)

Offline Tui

• Certified Addict
How jacked up is this?
« on: May 17, 2012, 01:27:38 am »
We have a neighbour around the corner that for some reason lets his dog wonder out on the pavement (UN leashed) in front of his house. He is a large Ridgeback type dog, so quite intimidating when he comes bounding up to you and the dog you are walking. So on Monday I phoned  Tauranga Council to complain. Gave them all my details and the details of the dog, address this took place etc.....a letter was delivered here yesterday saying that the owner had been notified about this problem...within 24 hours!! :clap: Jacked or what? He was issued with a final warning, as this was not the first complaint!

Story 2:

Yesterday at work, my husbands client came to collect his car, at reception he realized that his wallet was not in his pocket.. :tickedoff: remembered the last time he felt it, it was in his pocket...on the bus on the way to the garage. So hubby phones the bus company who radio's the driver...and ALAS, someone saw the wallet and handed it to the driver....will all the cash and cards still all intact!!

So nice to hear stories involving honesty and things getting done when they are suppose to! O0

x
~ Until one has loved an animal, part of their soul remains unawakened~

Offline SA3001

• Certified Addict
Re: How jacked up is this?
« Reply #1 on: May 17, 2012, 02:31:03 am »
Have I mentioned this before ........................  I LOVE NZ  :smitten:

SA Going to NZ Advice Forum

« Reply #1 on: May 17, 2012, 02:31:03 am »

Offline Savayla

• Certified Addict
« Reply #2 on: May 17, 2012, 02:59:33 am »
Me toooo !!!   Have only ever come across two unkiwi people in 2 years.  Even been on the other side of dog control, and they were very kind to us and our problem with our dogs. 

Offline Tui

• Certified Addict
« Reply #3 on: May 17, 2012, 03:37:36 am »
Have I mentioned this before ........................  I LOVE NZ  :smitten:

O0  :)

Offline Tui

• Certified Addict
« Reply #4 on: May 17, 2012, 03:44:27 am »
Me toooo !!!   Have only ever come across two unkiwi people in 2 years.  Even been on the other side of dog control, and they were very kind to us and our problem with our dogs.

Yip, very on the ball..I hated having to complain, but his dog being able to roam almost caused a massive problem with my 'on the leash' dog. And I must add, I expected it to take weeks before I heard from them.....2 days later and everything sorted out....hellooo.....sweet as!

Oh, even applying for a IRD no for our daughter....within a few days, sorted, and her card arrived yesterday....I was floored!  O0

Offline rodney

« Reply #5 on: May 17, 2012, 07:59:26 pm »
Ja /Nee All services are 100% better and more efficient. It took me 15 minutes to apply and 2 days later to get my NZ drivers licence in the mail.

Offline Tui

• Certified Addict
« Reply #6 on: May 17, 2012, 10:13:20 pm »
Yip, does indeed make life a lot easier and less stressful!! ;)

x

SA Going to NZ Advice Forum

« Reply #6 on: May 17, 2012, 10:13:20 pm »