Advice and Support for South Africans Immigrating to New Zealand

South Africans Going To New Zealand

Author Topic: One Tree Point in Ruakaka  (Read 1688 times)

Offline catkotze

One Tree Point in Ruakaka
« on: October 03, 2012, 07:41:32 am »
Hi everyone,

Is there anyone on this forum that lives in One Tree Point or close to it?  We have a business offer there and would like to speak to ex saffers about the area before we make a decision.

Offline noodles mom

Re: One Tree Point in Ruakaka
« Reply #1 on: October 03, 2012, 08:10:33 am »
We live in Whangarei, about 25-30 minutes north of Ruakaka.  They are about to commence a huge development of the Ruakaka, 1TP, Marsden Cove area, called Marsden City - google it.
Northland has very high (worst in NZ) unemployment and everybody is hoping the development with create lots of jobs, both during the construction / set up phase and then in the retail sector once the area has been developed.
I would not like to give my opinion of whether or not I think this will actually happen but we love Northland, Whangarei is a great place to live, small city, big town - beaches, fishing, lifestyle are all superb  :clap:
Whangarei District Council's moto - whangarei, we love it here !! :smitten: :smitten: :smitten: :smitten: :smitten:
Good Luck with your decision
DM me if you want to ask more specific questions
Cheers
R

EOI submitted 14 Jan 2009
EOI selected 14 Jan 2009
ITA received 27 Mar 2009
ITA submitted 20 Jul 2009
PR APPROVED 2 Feb 2010

SA Going to NZ Advice Forum

« Reply #1 on: October 03, 2012, 08:10:33 am »

Offline catkotze

« Reply #2 on: October 04, 2012, 02:32:49 pm »
Hi there,

Thank you for your mail. I was there last week and saw the new development and was told that it will create a lot of jobs. Luckily we are going for a business option therefore the unemployment should not be a problem for us, but thank you for the tip will keep that in mind in case  ;)

I went to Whangarei as well, did not get to see a lot of the town but was impressed with the bit that i did see. 

Have a great day.

Offline Gypsymom

• In the winterless north
« Reply #3 on: October 05, 2012, 04:44:42 am »
Whangarei is a great place to live, small city, big town - beaches, fishing, lifestyle are all superb  :clap:
Whangarei District Council's moto - whangarei, we love it here !! :smitten: :smitten: :smitten: :smitten: :smitten:
I agree with noodles mom, it is a great place to live.I am in Waipu, the scottish town south of Ruakaka.  Very friendly, beautiful beaches and scenery. :) :gl2:
url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/]

[/url]