Advice and Support for South Africans Immigrating to New Zealand

South Africans Going To New Zealand

Author Topic: So close now its scary... !!!  (Read 9473 times)

Offline Ristic-VanTonder09

So close now its scary... !!!
« on: January 17, 2013, 10:13:28 am »
Just an update... my bf and I were renting and planning on moving to NZ sometime this year. Anyway our push to move came last year when the owner of house said they were selling and we have to be out at the end of our contract period. So the decision was either move into another place for another year or take the plunge and move to NZ. SO we chose move to NZ.  :idiot2:

All I can say is whoever has already done this you guys are very very brave!!  O0 Never had so many emotions before...every few minutes the emotions change!!!

Anyway...my bf holiday visa is in ready to hear if its approved... all our BEEEEG stuff sold and moving back in with my folks until the 17th MAY!!!  :yippee:

All we have left is the dreaded resignation and the goodbyes... which both I am not looking forward to...  :'(

But I am so excited for the journey ahead!!!!  :yippee: :yippee: :yippee: :yippee:
"Change is inevitable; progress is optional."

Offline BeninCPT

Re: So close now its scary... !!!
« Reply #1 on: January 17, 2013, 10:31:04 am »
I know how you feel. I've been contemplating the move for 3 years now. Handed in my resignation this week and now I am just awaiting my PCC.
Strange how calm I feel now that I made a big move.
Should fly end March

SA Going to NZ Advice Forum

« Reply #1 on: January 17, 2013, 10:31:04 am »

Offline Dan

• Happy for people to friend me on FB as well.
« Reply #2 on: January 17, 2013, 10:54:39 am »
Ristic, what kind of work are you aiming for?

Offline bunnkh

« Reply #3 on: January 17, 2013, 11:11:53 am »
Tell me about it.....being scary! We about to submit our Family Category EOI in time for the Feb draw, but have hit a snag......under the Identity Section they ask for our Birth Certificate No's. I applied June 2012 for all appropriate Doc's.  Then  >:( Jan 2013 was told they have posted Vault copies of mine & hubby's Unabridged Birth Certificates instead of generating the Unabridged Original Application.  Have just re-applied & will probably take another 6 months  >:(.  Daughter in NZ called Immigration & they said we can attach copies of the receipts & to prove that we did apply & have re-applied...so holding thumbs this will be accepted.
Good luck for your application.
« Last Edit: January 17, 2013, 11:13:37 am by bunnkh »

« Reply #4 on: January 17, 2013, 11:29:50 am »
Dan... anything really!!  :2funny: As long as we can get a work permit we are happy!!!  ;D My bf is currently doing mechanical draughting but doesnt have a varsity degree but 2 years experience... but he did  a national certificate in Architectural draughting... ! :) I am in sales and pretty much will do any job as long as I can get a work permit and apply for residency... :)

Bezsteyn...thats around the corner... I hope when it gets that close that I am calm....right now my mind is everywhere but where its supposed to be... :) Whereabouts in NZ you going??

Bunnkh... I really hope things work out for you!!!  :1hug: :gl2:

Offline Dan

• Happy for people to friend me on FB as well.
« Reply #5 on: January 17, 2013, 11:33:58 am »
You guys are putting it all on the line.  I am in awe.  Some things that we take for granted are the very things that others bust a gut to achieve.  Big respect!

Offline BeninCPT

« Reply #6 on: January 17, 2013, 03:13:18 pm »
I will be going to Wellington at first. But will go where ever I find employment.
I think the reason I feel calm now is because there is no going back, I have crossed the bridge.

« Reply #6 on: January 17, 2013, 03:13:18 pm »

« Reply #7 on: January 23, 2013, 02:13:53 pm »
Just a short update... My BF VISTOR VISA HAS BEEN APPROVED!!!! :yippee: :yippee: :yippee: :yippee: :yippee: :yippee: :yippee: :yippee: :yippee:

So excited...this has just made it a little more real...  O0

NZ HERE WE COME HOPE YOU READY FOR US!!!!!  :2funny:

« Reply #8 on: March 04, 2013, 02:55:08 pm »
Just another short update....

Went on Saturday and flights are booked...  :yippee: Quite surprised on the awesome rate we got  :clap:

We leave SA on the 19th of May... !!!  :sweat:

Offline therobsfamily

« Reply #9 on: March 19, 2013, 07:32:04 pm »
ristic - wow!!! that is super faaaantastic!!! :yippee:
keep posting, i would like to follow your journey.  My dh and i are contemplating just uping and goin (we have family there) but because we have kids, bills and the whole toot we have to be logical and take things day by day... so happy you guys get to do it this way!

Offline Laird

• Streak Invasion.
« Reply #10 on: March 20, 2013, 07:35:08 am »
Rustic If I may ask what price did you pay?

I am looking at R9100.00 one way with Emirates they have an 8 hr stop-over in Dubai but supply free acommodation during the stop over, time for a shower and a nap and a warm meal :)

Total flying time is quite long but did not enjoy our last stop in Aus so rather fly JHB/Dubai/CC total duration 54 hrs + get to CC mid afternoon so wont have to check-in at a motel for one evening before checking in to temp lodgings in Christchurch.

PS: When are you flying out?
Mar 14/2013 WP For myself.
May 15/2013 WP and Student / Visitors visas for Wife and Kids.

SMC EOI Submitted 2013/11/15
Approved 2013/11/18

« Reply #11 on: March 20, 2013, 09:36:34 am »
@therobsfamily it was not the easiest decision in the world...but being young and not having kids made it that much easier... I dont think I couldve done this with kids  and the people that do it are very brave i must say  I will keep updating as I go along... :) But this forum helps so much in getting ideas from people and where they have been and experienced...! But i really hope things work out for you, NZ IS SO WORTH IT  :gl:

@Laird My Boyfriend and I had to buy return tickets since we are going over cowboy style but beacuse we are under 35 and I am under 25 we got a discounted rate from Student flights and paid R12 747 each. :clap: what a discount since everywhere else quoted us R13 500 each :) But its the boring Sydney flight which we didnt want to do but to save money it was better... ! Have you tried Qatar airways website?? We found them very cheap and apparently they are one of the best airlines at the moment. http://www.qatarairways.com/za/en/homepage.page Also it depends on when you leave... we found that even waiting one week the prices jumped. so make sure you book sooner to get a better price  ;D

P.S we leave the 19th of MAY!!!!  :yippee:

« Reply #11 on: March 20, 2013, 09:36:34 am »

Offline therobsfamily

« Reply #12 on: March 20, 2013, 12:00:53 pm »
omg!! how am i gonna get my kids to sit for so long!!!! geeez

Offline Laird

• Streak Invasion.
« Reply #13 on: March 20, 2013, 12:41:54 pm »
DRUGS FTW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Only joking most airlines have some added entertainment for young kids and a little colpol will help and some nice gadgets too.
Mar 14/2013 WP For myself.
May 15/2013 WP and Student / Visitors visas for Wife and Kids.

SMC EOI Submitted 2013/11/15
Approved 2013/11/18

Offline therobsfamily

« Reply #14 on: March 20, 2013, 02:04:35 pm »
rescue and stopayne on hand  8)

but im glad that i have an ipad...the kids can have fun fighting over it...

SO EXCITED I HAVE MY INTERVIEW TONIGHT AT 9:30PM!!!!!
SO NERVOUS I THINK I MIGHT PUKE