Advice and Support for South Africans Immigrating to New Zealand

South Africans Going To New Zealand

Author Topic: WoooHoooo  (Read 1039 times)

Offline Darter

WoooHoooo
« on: July 08, 2013, 11:45:40 am »
 :yippee:

Well i now only have 4 weeks and 2 days to go before i leave ZA for good! I has been a long and very short experience all in 1!

They werent kidding when they said that the time will fly between making the decision to leave and actually getting aboard that plane.
The horrible part is that my 2 sons and wife will remain behind while i job hunt and i dont look forward to leaving them, but i definitely look forward to picking them up from Auckland airport in the (hopefully) not to distant future.!

I used an agency to help with the process and while it was costly it was def worth the cost in time savings and hassles, they also put me in contact with a very good FX company if anyone is interested. These guys killed FNB in both price and speed/efficiency so i would recommend them.

Anyway just going through all the emotions and stress but i am sure the result will be worth it all!.

Hope to meet many of you guys when i arrive i n Auckland.

Offline MichelleL

Re: WoooHoooo
« Reply #1 on: July 08, 2013, 07:00:45 pm »
Exiting times!!!
Good luck with the job hunting! Hopefully your wife and kids will join you very soon!!  :gl:

SA Going to NZ Advice Forum

« Reply #1 on: July 08, 2013, 07:00:45 pm »

Offline Darter

« Reply #2 on: July 09, 2013, 11:39:32 am »
Indeed!!

I am so excited/nervous/terrified that i have all this energy i need to channel. A friend of mine commented that i should start a blog so that they (the friends) and my family can follow the story as it unfolds.

So with a little under a month left to go i have done just that, i have my own blog (98% complete and happy with) and am starting soonest to start posting. Never really thought of myself as blogger but its a great way to keep all the family and friends up to date with pics etc rather than email them (which i may well forget to do or leave some one out) and it beats face book as i dont necessarily want everyone to see or get the posts lost in the myriad of posts etc that FB has.

It was a daunting idea but i used wordpress and its been way easier than i thought possible.

Offline Goldie&3Bears

• Dad 33,Mom 32,DS 4,DS 2
    • The Big Move to NZ
« Reply #3 on: July 09, 2013, 01:38:34 pm »
Hey Darter.

Oewee exciting times for you, and yes scary too! Good luck with everything and i hope you get a job very quickly.

That is such a great idea, my friend that is there already also started one and me too and its really great to write on there specially for people that is just starting to look into going to read ones experience.!
05/03/13 Final decision NZ WILL be our future home!
19/3 Got a 'bite' now to hook it
2/4 DH got the job!
31/7 EWRB registration docs
20/8 Registration approved
28/8 Submit visa app
6/8 Visa APPROVED!
8/8 House sold
16/9 Submit EOI
30/9 ITA received
12/11 Arrive in NZ!