Advice and Support for South Africans Immigrating to New Zealand

South Africans Going To New Zealand

Author Topic: On TV - The Block NZ  (Read 1912 times)

Offline smcspan

On TV - The Block NZ
« on: August 05, 2013, 05:18:24 am »
Clicked through the channels last night and found The Block NZ on the Home Channel!

Was so nice actually, because really, up to now, the only NZ show I've seen was Flight Of The Concords and some Travel Channel stuff... The only NZ accent I've heard lately is when they interview the captains after a rugby game.

This shows Auckland life (well...sort of) and I really got so excited as I now KNOW we'll like it!

On Saturday we drove into Cape Town, went for a walk on Clifton beach and was just suddenly scared that we won't have this amazing lifestyle there...
We might lose Cape Town life, but that's what holidays are for right?

Think I just needed some reality tv to affirm that we'll be OK ;)

Offline Anna007

• Browns Bay, NZ
Re: On TV - The Block NZ
« Reply #1 on: August 06, 2013, 11:42:24 pm »
smcspan no matter where you settle in NZ you will never be too far from the sea  8) and better yet NZ beaches are clean an safe  :smitten:

just a question: if you have an amazing lifestyle there, why move ?

see below pics of some beaches on the North Island  8)
"What we see depends mainly on what we look for"

SA Going to NZ Advice Forum

« Reply #1 on: August 06, 2013, 11:42:24 pm »

Offline Goldie&3Bears

• Dad 33,Mom 32,DS 4,DS 2
    • The Big Move to NZ
« Reply #2 on: August 07, 2013, 07:39:46 am »
we also always looking out for NZ programmes but actually only found The Food Truck which we loved to watch and then a few traveling channel shows too. Bear Grylls is starting a new reality show and they start off in NZ so we want to catsh that too.

And yes, then the rugby commentator guys in their black suites, i see them quite a few times as hubby watches all he can find about rugby lol

Anna thanks so much for the gorgeous pics! Loooove it.

05/03/13 Final decision NZ WILL be our future home!
19/3 Got a 'bite' now to hook it
2/4 DH got the job!
31/7 EWRB registration docs
20/8 Registration approved
28/8 Submit visa app
6/8 Visa APPROVED!
8/8 House sold
16/9 Submit EOI
30/9 ITA received
12/11 Arrive in NZ!

Offline Savayla

• Certified Addict
« Reply #3 on: August 07, 2013, 10:56:49 am »
Just to add another perspective   >:D   Go to the video store and hire Once we were Warriors.  I saw that and it scared me. 

I then had to talk to myself and say "If they made a movie about those living in the Cape Flats, or Guguletu, then I would also be scared ".

And now, living in NZ for 3 years, I just love it here . 

Offline Sherelee

• Global Moderator
« Reply #4 on: August 07, 2013, 09:04:38 pm »
Hiya,

My only regret about NZ is not doing this sooner... so wish I had come years ago but still very grateful that I'm here and know what living with freedom, beauty and safety is.... only when you live it, do you know it.

And I love The Block - just one of the awesome programmes on TV, plus so many channels to choose from.  :clap: :clap:

Offline Goldie&3Bears

• Dad 33,Mom 32,DS 4,DS 2
    • The Big Move to NZ
« Reply #5 on: August 08, 2013, 07:31:56 am »
I set the pvr to record it! Cant wait to watch it.

Last night we were watching dirty biking through NZ and the presenter asked his camera man, of all the places in the world you have visited and filmed which is your fave and he said, NZ for sure ! :)

Oh and the guy hurt his hand and had to go to hospital and he couldnt stop talking about the amazing service he got in the hospital, how quickly he was helped and with such friendly staff, AND that he even got a lolly after his appointment hehe. He compared it to other countries and said it was the best medical care he has ever received and the people treated him like a human being and not a number.

this was filmed in the south island. it looks so gorgeous there.
05/03/13 Final decision NZ WILL be our future home!
19/3 Got a 'bite' now to hook it
2/4 DH got the job!
31/7 EWRB registration docs
20/8 Registration approved
28/8 Submit visa app
6/8 Visa APPROVED!
8/8 House sold
16/9 Submit EOI
30/9 ITA received
12/11 Arrive in NZ!

Offline Savayla

• Certified Addict
« Reply #6 on: August 10, 2013, 05:13:05 am »
We live in the South Island and just love it.  Have unfortunately had 3 occasions to test the hospital and was wowed out.  Even my local doctors, the other day I was so ill but all the doctors were busy, so they brought me into an empty room, put me on a bed, brought me a pillow, blankets, asked me if I wanted a hot water bottle (hottie ) and just loved me for 45 mins until a doctor was available.  When it happened to me in South Africa, in a doctors rooms in Hout Bay, they made me wait on the floor, vomiting into an ice-cream container I had brought, in front of everyone, me in pain and crying, for almost an hour. 

SA Going to NZ Advice Forum

« Reply #6 on: August 10, 2013, 05:13:05 am »