Advice and Support for South Africans Immigrating to New Zealand

South Africans Going To New Zealand

Author Topic: Decided to make the move  (Read 527 times)

Offline Mikesjhb

Decided to make the move
« on: April 16, 2014, 07:16:47 am »
Morning/Afternoon all, :)

So i am Mike. I currently run the family IT business doing network installations. I recently decided to make the move to NZ, Auckland.
I attended one of the ImmagineNZ seminars here in Jozi and the process seems a tedious one to say the least!

After i have browsed the forum some what i have found a lot of tips and tricks. As i am coming over alone i imagine a salary of around $45000-$50000 should put me in a good position there? I'd be looking at IT roles such as support, sales, network infrastructure planning, helpdesk admin so forth.

I plan to sell up and leave what i cannot take over, so no container costs etc. I have seen a few nice furnished apartments for around $360/w

Planning on a R200 000.00 budget to get me there, settled, supported until employed and then file for PR.

Anyway i will start posting questions in the proper sections soon. I just wanted to introduce myself first!
Landed in NZ: 1 October 2014
Flew Home: 10 December 2014
Visa Submission: 11 December 2014
Visa Approved 23 December 2014
EOI: 1st January 2015
Residency: 22 March 2015

Offline Kiwi_In_The_Making

Re: Decided to make the move
« Reply #1 on: April 16, 2014, 07:28:59 am »
 :welcome:

There's plenty of useful information on this site to assist you and experienced users to assist with any questions you have.

Best wishes for your new adventure.  :gl2:

SA Going to NZ Advice Forum

« Reply #1 on: April 16, 2014, 07:28:59 am »

Offline Judvzyl

« Reply #2 on: April 16, 2014, 11:27:14 am »
 :welcome: Mikesjhb

Best of luck and let us know how it goes

Offline TheJo

« Reply #3 on: April 16, 2014, 03:06:17 pm »
 :gl: Mike. I think you might find that salary a bit low to live on (depending on where in AKL you want to stay) as rents are expensive.
11 Feb 15: Residence visa approved