Advice and Support for South Africans Immigrating to New Zealand

South Africans Going To New Zealand

Author Topic: where to stay/go in wellington??  (Read 3227 times)

Offline Eileen

• Certified Addict
  • Rotorua, New Zealand
Re: where to stay/go in wellington??
« Reply #15 on: June 13, 2007, 07:18:31 pm »
 :2funny:

Offline Happy Expat

• Veteran
  • NZ, now Melbourne, Australia
« Reply #16 on: June 13, 2007, 08:54:42 pm »
It is a bloody Groot Trek, but so worth it O0 O0

SA Going to NZ Advice Forum

« Reply #16 on: June 13, 2007, 08:54:42 pm »

Offline zatexnz

• Wizard
  • Hamilton, NZ
    • Colorific Photography
« Reply #17 on: June 14, 2007, 02:07:39 am »
Rob you're funny!  ;D

But Groot Trek it is!  What did our forefathers do without internet? :o
lekker sweet as, y'all
~ Colleen

Offline Johan01

• Certified Addict
« Reply #18 on: June 14, 2007, 03:46:32 am »
At the rate things are going on with every body seems that July will be the start of the Groot trek .. thanks for planes  ...

Offline zatexnz

• Wizard
  • Hamilton, NZ
    • Colorific Photography
« Reply #19 on: June 14, 2007, 03:55:06 am »
Oh yeah!  Let's not forget THAT convenience!!!
lekker sweet as, y'all
~ Colleen

Offline Johan01

• Certified Addict
« Reply #20 on: June 14, 2007, 03:56:33 am »
can you imagine all of us on a sailboat like in the old days ....  :idiot2:

worsie

« Reply #21 on: June 14, 2007, 07:44:14 am »
Yea, it will have to be a sailboat, ox wagons won't work this time..Or howabout ox wagons on ski's, with sails? We can call the ski's the Drommedariskis.

What I find interesting, maybe some of you have are having the same experiences. Since everybody has found out that we are leaving SA to NZ, suddenly we have everyone asking us for advice. They all want to know about NZ, jobs etc. How I managed to get a job? How *** SA is, people who i thought were so pro Saffrican are now all coming out the closet. I am giving everybody the address to this site, so I am sure there are going to be a huge amount of new members registering soon.

« Reply #21 on: June 14, 2007, 07:44:14 am »

Offline nazmahomed

« Reply #22 on: June 14, 2007, 07:56:56 am »
That is true. Many of the friends I have spoken to have also expressed lots of interest and wanted to know the details of our move and job etc. I think there are more and more people wanting to leave now....
"never let the fear of striking out,keep you from playing the game"

Offline Johan01

• Certified Addict
« Reply #23 on: June 14, 2007, 08:11:01 am »
oh yes, there are a lot of them ... all want me to get them a job ... no no no go to this site, join up, get all the info you need, get a job, and then you also there ...

Offline Eileen

• Certified Addict
  • Rotorua, New Zealand
« Reply #24 on: June 14, 2007, 08:25:52 am »
Since everybody has found out that we are leaving SA to NZ, suddenly we have everyone asking us for advice. They all want to know about NZ, jobs etc. How I managed to get a job? How *** SA is, people who i thought were so pro Saffrican are now all coming out the closet.

Yes, and EVERY conversation (very quickly) leads to us leaving and 'how is NZ?' A lot of the times I have to tell our friends that I'll prefer to just talk about them, their kids and how *** their jobs are, but 10 minutes in, its NZ again....  :confused:

Offline robcraig

« Reply #25 on: June 14, 2007, 08:30:01 am »
Well I am ex Navy, so I can sail the thing, but not good at scrubbing decks or boat painting...Did My Time thanks. Already had another colleague in the industry have a telephone interview... they're looking at September for hubby and early December for mum and kids, Whangarei - North Island. Daughters are already provincial swimmers...SA loses again! What our forefathers did without internet...satexnz?...how can you ask? They had NO TAXIS to force them off the road. Speeding wasn't a problem. Ate copious amounts of biltong (absolute Heaven), had 47 ox powered vehicles, made their own roads, beat everyone in rugby, didn't need walls around their homes, shot naughty blighters that wanted to steal, were on a constant sightseeing holiday......Need I continue? :blush: :sleep: Oh Yea, they then created a phenominal country that someone else has come along and is destroying! That spirit needs to go with us, so that NZ gets the benefit. I always managed to get into heaps of trouble overseas, by saying that SA had taken the best from all nations and created damn near perfection.....foreigners didn't like that truth!!!! ;D

Offline zatexnz

• Wizard
  • Hamilton, NZ
    • Colorific Photography
« Reply #26 on: June 18, 2007, 03:37:05 am »
Hahaha... you're right Rob!  Now NZ will benefit from all the goodness we bring with us!

Oops sorry.... once again we're getting way :offtopic:   ;D

We can't ever seem to stay ON topic.... one would swear we grown-up Saffers are suffering from MAJOR ADD :2funny:
lekker sweet as, y'all
~ Colleen

« Reply #26 on: June 18, 2007, 03:37:05 am »