Advice and Support for South Africans Immigrating to New Zealand

South Africans Going To New Zealand

Author Topic: Which route to take??  (Read 826 times)

Offline ased786

Which route to take??
« on: May 09, 2014, 08:14:28 pm »
Hi all

So I have been sitting trying to figure out which route to take, old cowboy style or immigration agent  :-\?

I have been doing allot of  :coffee: and are still a bit confused as to which way to to go, will we be able to do this on our own as some of the fellow SA's have done or are we going to require an agent?

I think the confusion is made a bit harder with having 4 kids to consider, so I need some advice with which route will be easier but also most successful?

Any advice will do right now :help: :help: :help:

Offline TheJo

Re: Which route to take??
« Reply #1 on: May 10, 2014, 08:52:39 am »
Hi ased786,

I don't think that's an answer that anyone can give you. You need to weigh it up for yourself. If you've researched what the process involves and still don't feel comfortable then speak to an agent that's been recommended and see what they can do for you. Although using an agent is expensive, some will say that the cost is worth the piece of mind.

No matter what you choose, the emotional toll this will take on you and your family will not be "easy". Also success depends on how you define it. Agents can say that x% of their clients get residence, but people who do it themselves are individuals so it's more difficult to say what number of them are successful.

No easy answers I guess.
11 Feb 15: Residence visa approved

SA Going to NZ Advice Forum

« Reply #1 on: May 10, 2014, 08:52:39 am »

Offline ased786

« Reply #2 on: May 10, 2014, 04:16:22 pm »
Thanx TheJo

I suppose you are right, and after long family discussions we have decided to do the application by ourselves as Hubby has 4 years of "kiwi" experience with regards to his IT background. He worked in the IT industry in Auckland for 4 years, but we were forced to come home due to his father (passed away in 2010) ill health.

Either way we are moving so we have decided not to look back any more and to remain positive and focused, As I said previously having 4 kids to consider (the decision is ultimately to provide them with a better and brighter future) means that we have to double check everything we do and decide to make sure that we do this right.

Having the forum is a bonus cause you get to hear from others that made the move (whether by themselves or via an agent) and they can relate to the physical and emotional part of everything you do.  But NZ is worth it so now it is crunch time and hard work all the way.

Here is  :gl:  to us....

"Having faith and staying calm, positive and focused is sometimes the best medicine no matter what situation you are faced with"

Offline Savayla

• Certified Addict
« Reply #3 on: May 11, 2014, 01:36:32 am »
I agree with Thejo . Although we went over cowboy style, we did the whole immigration thing ourself. It was pretty straight forward, but our medicals weren't. I felt better knowing that we had read everything, understood everything, and were in control every step of the way.

Good luck.