Advice and Support for South Africans Immigrating to New Zealand

South Africans Going To New Zealand

Author Topic: help for south african trades people in nz  (Read 1416 times)

Offline peter99

help for south african trades people in nz
« on: August 26, 2014, 05:56:37 pm »
Hi All,
Getting registered under the correct category as an electrician is proving very complicated.
I'm an Industrial Electrician in SA, with an N6 diploma and 8 years experience, and EWRB wants to register me as an electrical service technician. I've looked up electrical service technician's job description and it's not what I do, they deal with appliances.
How do I get registered as an Electrician, with production line experience?
any advice from those who've successfully done this will be greatly appreciated.

Offline Dan

• Happy for people to friend me on FB as well.
Re: help for south african trades people in nz
« Reply #1 on: August 27, 2014, 06:34:28 am »
Goldie did that, now they are happily settled in Hamilton. Email me and I will connect you up.

SA Going to NZ Advice Forum

« Reply #1 on: August 27, 2014, 06:34:28 am »

Offline Nicolene Visser

« Reply #2 on: May 11, 2015, 06:04:49 pm »
My husband is in the same situation. He has is N5 and has been a qualified production Electrician from 2007. He completed Olifantsfontein Red Seal since 2003. Any help or info will be appreciated.

Offline Carelzens

« Reply #3 on: August 18, 2015, 11:23:49 pm »
Hi all!
As you can see I'm new here. My husband also is a Qualified Electrician and we want to immigrate to NZ. We only started communicating with an agent today.  From which I understand it is difficult to get a job in NZ while still in South Africa.  We will apply for NZQA as soon as possible but would like to apply for a  position for him in the meanwhile, is this possible at all? Also we don't know much about NZ as to which cities or towns to consider to stay in.  Unfortunately it won't be possible to first visit NZ and then do the immigration. We have to do all in one. I have 100's of stupid questions and I'm so scared. I'm wondering how will we survive when we get there, where will we stay and lots of other stuff.  I also almost fainted when I heard all the costs involved.  But we don't want to stay in SA anymore and need to find a better place for our children.  Do anybody know an estimate for flying tickets?  And where can I start looking for a job for a Electrician?  Is it possible at all to get a sponsored job? Thanks for the excellent forum! :help: