Advice and Support for South Africans Immigrating to New Zealand

South Africans Going To New Zealand

Author Topic: Have to change jobs to get into NZ  (Read 784 times)

Offline Marls

Have to change jobs to get into NZ
« on: April 18, 2015, 01:07:27 pm »
Hallo Everyone!
We are new here, so please excuse if I ask questions that have been asked a million times!
We have decided to go for it.  After 7 years of "maybe we should go", we have finally come to the place of a decision!  :yippee: Now, we were looking into Oz a while back and stupidly spend money that we shouldn't have by doing IELTS too before waiting for VETASSESS to come back.  The VETASSESS said that though my hubby's degree is in demand (Plant Pathology and Microbiology), he's job (seed potato inspector) doesn't fall under Agricultural Consultant as we hoped (R8000 later...). So we have 2 options now for NZ, do another assessment and hope he falls under Agricultural Scientist or change jobs to IT.  He did some IT courses after school and is willing to do what's needed to get us in.  Though obviously it will take longer by changing jobs because he'll have to get the experience first.  So, can anyone tell me what's the job market there for IT?  Is it worth him changing jobs? 

Offline Laird

• Streak Invasion.
Re: Have to change jobs to get into NZ
« Reply #1 on: April 20, 2015, 12:41:00 am »
Are you looking at a long term or short term plan?

When companies are looking for work experience 2years and upwards seems to be the minimum required. Have you had a look at NZQA??
Mar 14/2013 WP For myself.
May 15/2013 WP and Student / Visitors visas for Wife and Kids.

SMC EOI Submitted 2013/11/15
Approved 2013/11/18

SA Going to NZ Advice Forum

Re: Have to change jobs to get into NZ
« Reply #1 on: April 20, 2015, 12:41:00 am »