Advice and Support for South Africans Immigrating to New Zealand

South Africans Going To New Zealand

Author Topic: go alone or go with hole family  (Read 1196 times)

Offline francoisdupl

go alone or go with hole family
« on: July 30, 2015, 09:52:41 am »
hi there

some help and advice please, I can make it on my own on points for a skilled visa. But my question now is, is better for me to go over alone and get settled in and after a few  months  to bring the wife and children over. or is better to go over all of us at once

Offline TheJo

Re: go alone or go with hole family
« Reply #1 on: July 30, 2015, 11:14:35 pm »
If your family has residence visas then that question is really up to you. There isn't a "better" way, it just comes down you what works for you personally. If you don't have work yet it gets expensive to live on Rands. If your wife is working in SA then at least you wont have to use all your savings until you get work. Although it is much easier to get work on a residence visa you still have to go through the whole hiring process and that takes time. A colleague of mine, who is kiwi, has had interviews for 3 separate jobs and hasn't gotten them for one reason or another and that is while he is still working. It would be far more stressful to be in that situation when you don't have an income.

On the flip side of the coin, if you can afford it, there's two of you so a better chance at one of you finding employment. And you'll all be together to support each other through an emotional journey.
11 Feb 15: Residence visa approved

SA Going to NZ Advice Forum

« Reply #1 on: July 30, 2015, 11:14:35 pm »

Offline Savayla

• Certified Addict
« Reply #2 on: July 31, 2015, 02:13:16 am »
We did it with the whole family. Very stressful and if I had to do it again, I wouldn't.