Advice and Support for South Africans Immigrating to New Zealand

South Africans Going To New Zealand

Author Topic: A warm HELLO from Cape Town  (Read 801 times)

Offline ased786

A warm HELLO from Cape Town
« on: October 27, 2015, 11:50:06 am »
 8) Hi All

We have been members for a couple of months now if not years already and finally we are making our first payment tomorrow :yippee:, and then its all full speed ahead for us  :clap:...

We had our first meeting with our Immigration Officer and Hubby will be the main applicant (IT/SharePoint Architect) Amen for that..

We have a fairly large family 2 Adults and 4 kids (17, 14, 12, 4), I thought that it might be stressful with all of them but with the grace of God they have accepted the fact that we are finally making the move and there is no turning back so they are drawing up their
"things to do" lists.

There is a possibility that Hubby will need to go over first and that is the only sad part but we have done this before (Only had 1 child at the time) so we know very well what we are in for and we are prepared and committed 100%.

Will keep all posted and God willing we hope to be new Kiwi's soon ;D.

Offline Savayla

• Certified Addict
Re: A warm HELLO from Cape Town
« Reply #1 on: October 27, 2015, 08:57:58 pm »
Good luck, you two are about to give your kids the biggest gift they will ever get in their lives and will appreciate you for it down the road. The fact that they are all so with it means the road will be easier. 

SA Going to NZ Advice Forum

« Reply #1 on: October 27, 2015, 08:57:58 pm »

Offline yusuf

« Reply #2 on: October 27, 2015, 09:52:05 pm »
Salaams Ased786
I am so glad to hear that your family is now getting the process going.
If I recall correctly, you've been to NZ for a while many years ago, right? That might make it a bit easier  :) A lot has changed in the last 13 years tho, and you will be pleased that from an Islamic perspective, things are much easier nowadays.
Are you still considering Hamilton or Wellington?
Wishing you the very best on this road, and if you need to know anything, just ask.
Yusuf
« Last Edit: October 27, 2015, 09:55:57 pm by yusuf »
DIY Residence Application - Roughly 18 months
Arrived in Wellington with Residence - 1st May 2013
Relocated to Auckland - 24th May 2015
PR Approved - 19th Nov 2015

Offline ased786

« Reply #3 on: October 29, 2015, 09:12:12 am »
 :) Thank you very much Savayla, reading through the forum truly provides a whole new meaning to support. 

We are very excited but nervous at the same time but for us there is NO turning back so it is full steam ahead.

:D

Offline ased786

« Reply #4 on: October 29, 2015, 09:27:30 am »
 8) Wasalaams Yusuf and Family

It is so nice to see how far you guys have come and we are truly happy for all of you.

Indeed hubby still set on moving to either Wellington or Hamilton, I suppose just to get away from the hussle of the city and to expose the kids to a more outdoor and relaxed type of lifestyle which even the kiddies are looking forward to.

I have one million questions to ask, but for now what is the IT industry like in Hamilton and Wellington at the moment, hubby looking to leave in March 2016?

And of course I am truly happy to hear that from a Islamic perspective things are a bit easier now  :clap:, please let me know if it is ok if hubby PM you as he has his own million questions to ask?

Please give our regards to the family and hopefully we will be where you guys are now soon,  God Willing.

:)

Offline yusuf

« Reply #5 on: October 30, 2015, 12:27:43 am »
8) Wasalaams Yusuf and Family

It is so nice to see how far you guys have come and we are truly happy for all of you.

Indeed hubby still set on moving to either Wellington or Hamilton, I suppose just to get away from the hussle of the city and to expose the kids to a more outdoor and relaxed type of lifestyle which even the kiddies are looking forward to.

I have one million questions to ask, but for now what is the IT industry like in Hamilton and Wellington at the moment, hubby looking to leave in March 2016?

And of course I am truly happy to hear that from a Islamic perspective things are a bit easier now  :clap:, please let me know if it is ok if hubby PM you as he has his own million questions to ask?

Please give our regards to the family and hopefully we will be where you guys are now soon,  God Willing.

:)

By all means, do PM or email.
The demand for IT skills in Wellington always seems to be quite high, especially for larger systems. I couldn't say much about Hamilton though.
DIY Residence Application - Roughly 18 months
Arrived in Wellington with Residence - 1st May 2013
Relocated to Auckland - 24th May 2015
PR Approved - 19th Nov 2015