Advice and Support for South Africans Immigrating to New Zealand

South Africans Going To New Zealand

Author Topic: Certified copy expiry date?  (Read 1409 times)

Offline IvanPutter

Certified copy expiry date?
« on: November 27, 2015, 09:07:24 am »
Hi,

I have had all my documents certified by my local police station in RSA, but I read that apparently certified documents by the police station is not accepted.  Why is this, and is it indeed true?
I could find a minister to do certify it for me, but what I also want to know is if there is an "expiry" date on certified documents e.g. can I have them all certified a year in advance knowing that that has at least all been taken care of?
Any help will be appreciated.
Thanks
Ivan

Offline Hope2Go2

Re: Certified copy expiry date?
« Reply #1 on: November 27, 2015, 09:57:53 am »
Hi Ivan, it is unfortunately true that NZ Immigration does not accept docs certified by the police. 

We made the mistake of using the Post Office.  Our case officer told us that our application will most likely fail unless we use someone they recognize as a valid certifier of documents, or whatever they call it.

So we found an attorney that can do it, but note that not any old attorney would do.  We had to find someone who is a Notary Public.

I'm not sure for how long the docs are valid, since we had a last minute scramble to get this sorted.

Good luck with getting everything in order for your application and jumping through all the hoops.
Feb 2015 - Submit EOI, selected
Mar 2015 - ITA received
May 2015 - NZ Medicals done
Jun 2015 - PR application submitted
Jul 2015 - Received NZQA Assessment result
Oct 2015 - Case officer assigned
16 Dec 2015:  Residence approved!

SA Going to NZ Advice Forum

Re: Certified copy expiry date?
« Reply #1 on: November 27, 2015, 09:57:53 am »