Advice and Support for South Africans Immigrating to New Zealand

South Africans Going To New Zealand

Author Topic: Need Help in a Difficult situation  (Read 1667 times)

Offline Andre69

Need Help in a Difficult situation
« on: January 06, 2016, 01:27:49 pm »
Hi there,

Hope this mail finds you well!

We are looking at immigrating to NZ, however we have a slight different scenario then the most families immigrating.

I have a question that I would like to know if you can assist us with before booking for an assessment.

Our family consist of myself, my brother, mother and younger sister.

My mother is a pensioner and my younger sister is disabled.

My brother posted the following question on various websites to get assistance:

I need some advice. I'm planning to Immigrate to New Zealand (Wellington). My situation is a bit different than others. My Mother and Disabled sister is staying with me as they are financially dependent on me. When I move they need to move with me. I do understand that you can sponsor your parents but you have to be in New Zealand for 3 years, and I can't afford to leave them behind as it will not financially work and not to talk about South African Crime and so on. What can I do or who can I go and see for some advice. I have had my first interview and my second one is planned for the 2nd week in Jan. So the time is running out. Please help.

What do I do?

A little more information:

My younger sister's disability is a chromosome deficiency. This means that she cannot read or write and therefor cannot apply for any job applications whether in SA or NZ. She is under my mothers care and need a caregiver 24 hrs a day. She can however communicate with people but my point is that she will not be able to immigrate on her own or apply for any job in NZ. We don't expect New Zealand to support her or my mother financially since we (my brother & I) currently financially support them and will continue to do so when we are in NZ.

We am more than happy to pay for an assessment but I need to find someone that specialize in different cases other than the normal families immigrating. I don't however want to pay for an assessment so someone can tell me that they cant assist me with my mother and younger sister.

I cant see that NZ would not approve my mother & disabled sister for immigration based on those specific reasons or discriminate against them regarding my younger sisters disability. I need someone to advise me on what kind of legal steps I need to take to ensure they can immigrate with me and not be send back at a later stage. I'm sure if I need to prove that my mother is my sisters caregiver and we can sponsor both of them this can be done. I just need to know what the steps are and what kind of documentation I need to get for this. If we need to legally register myself or my brother as my sisters caregivers or as a dependent we would gladly do that as well but we need advice and what kind of options are available to us to immigrate as a family.

Like I said if I need to pay for an assessment, please keep the above in mind before you agree to assist me. I need someone who has dealt with difficult situations like mine and would know the do's and don'ts to assist me and as I understand you are the right person that would be able to get the job done.

So if you could assist us and we need to pay for an assessment, please let me know at your earliest convenience.

Warm Regards
Andre Jonker

Offline yusuf

Re: Need Help in a Difficult situation
« Reply #1 on: January 07, 2016, 12:39:49 am »
Have you talked to Iain MacLeod by any chance? I don't know many agents, but this guy seems to really know his stuff and also has good contacts.
DIY Residence Application - Roughly 18 months
Arrived in Wellington with Residence - 1st May 2013
Relocated to Auckland - 24th May 2015
PR Approved - 19th Nov 2015

SA Going to NZ Advice Forum

« Reply #1 on: January 07, 2016, 12:39:49 am »

Offline Andre69

« Reply #2 on: January 07, 2016, 07:06:40 am »
Cool Thanks

Offline Mikesjhb

« Reply #3 on: January 07, 2016, 10:55:20 am »
Hi,

This sounds like a very tricky situation. I would definitely get in contact with Ian from Immagine. I used him when I came over. Would recommend them any day. His a straight shooter and will tell you how it is.
https://www.immigration.co.nz/
Perhaps see when he is in SA again and meet up with him. For your case I wouldn't attempt it on my own without an agent like him.

Best of luck!
Landed in NZ: 1 October 2014
Flew Home: 10 December 2014
Visa Submission: 11 December 2014
Visa Approved 23 December 2014
EOI: 1st January 2015
Residency: 22 March 2015

Offline Savayla

• Certified Addict
« Reply #4 on: January 07, 2016, 11:14:28 pm »
Age might be a factor? Perhaps write a very detailed letter to NZ Immigratin and see what they say. They are very good at replying. My worry would be going with an agent who says they can do it, and then somewhere during the process drops a few balls, leaving you in dire straits. Perhaps both options. NZIS and an agent.

Good luck.

Offline TheJo

« Reply #5 on: January 12, 2016, 07:37:46 am »
I would also suggest getting a professional opinion if you are unable to find the answers easily on INZ's website.
11 Feb 15: Residence visa approved

Offline Hope2Go2

« Reply #6 on: January 12, 2016, 02:59:25 pm »
Perhaps write a very detailed letter to NZ Immigratin and see what they say. They are very good at replying. My worry would be going with an agent who says they can do it, and then somewhere during the process drops a few balls, leaving you in dire straits. Perhaps both options. NZIS and an agent.
I'm with Savayla on this, André.  I had a miserable experience with an agency that was supposed to be excellent (even won some prize for excellence and came highly recommended by a friend) - it was not for NZ.  Anyway, as a result I could never, ever advise anyone to go with an agent.

Best of luck to you!
Feb 2015 - Submit EOI, selected
Mar 2015 - ITA received
May 2015 - NZ Medicals done
Jun 2015 - PR application submitted
Jul 2015 - Received NZQA Assessment result
Oct 2015 - Case officer assigned
16 Dec 2015:  Residence approved!

SA Going to NZ Advice Forum

« Reply #6 on: January 12, 2016, 02:59:25 pm »