Advice and Support for South Africans Immigrating to New Zealand

South Africans Going To New Zealand

Author Topic: Where is everyone today?  (Read 1479 times)

Badprop

Where is everyone today?
« on: June 20, 2007, 02:19:59 pm »
This place is as quiet as a church today.  Is everyone working to hard today?

Offline nazmahomed

Re: Where is everyone today?
« Reply #1 on: June 20, 2007, 02:28:19 pm »
I was thinking the same thing. I guess everyone else is busy making final plans. I have spent the day frustrated at being hindered due to this flipping strike and cursing everyone responsible.
"never let the fear of striking out,keep you from playing the game"

SA Going to NZ Advice Forum

« Reply #1 on: June 20, 2007, 02:28:19 pm »

Badprop

« Reply #2 on: June 20, 2007, 02:47:11 pm »
It is frustrating but today was the first day in 2 week my kids went to the daycare mom and I didn't know what to do with myself. ;D  What papers are you waiting for that the strike is holding up?

Offline Johan01

• Certified Addict
« Reply #3 on: June 20, 2007, 05:17:47 pm »
I think most of us are waiting for the deeds office or Home Affairs or Police clearance.

Offline MJ

• Certified Addict
  • Cambridge
« Reply #4 on: June 20, 2007, 06:05:55 pm »
I spent my whole morning at the traffic department. Naz it was not too bad although people were complaining they got there at 7:30 and it only opened at 8:00. I went at about 9:00 and had done fingerprints, eye test and paid by 10:30.  Remember to take black and white photos, we took coloured ones left over from our visa application and had to run outside and have more taken.  They said we should not bother with a temporary license just show the receipt - depends if you have time to wait for the new license - 4 to 8 weeks.  Also people that had done eye tests elsewhere were having to repeat them again there so don't bother doing that beforehand. 

This afternoon I spent at the vet getting dogs, microchipped and vaccinated  ready to start the process before quarantine.  Quite a productive day alas no house sale or email from NZIS.

Badprop

« Reply #5 on: June 20, 2007, 06:23:52 pm »
Have you girls tried Schottburgh or Park Rynie?  They helped me with my trailer registration without a glitch.  Just a thought, use it, don't use it. :)

Offline zatexnz

• Wizard
  • Hamilton, NZ
    • Colorific Photography
« Reply #6 on: June 20, 2007, 07:46:12 pm »
I'm taking it slow....  really don't feel like packing all the leftover junk.  :-\  junk to me, not to hubby...  ::)
lekker sweet as, y'all
~ Colleen

« Reply #6 on: June 20, 2007, 07:46:12 pm »

Offline Nolan

• Administrator
  • Supreme Being
  • Stanmore Bay, Auckland
    • Art by Nolan
« Reply #7 on: June 20, 2007, 09:34:33 pm »
been running (let's make that semi hobling  ;D ) around getting the tiles for the kitchen sorted and putting cupboards up and supervising all the other goings on around the house.

Offline nazmahomed

« Reply #8 on: June 21, 2007, 07:49:48 am »
I am waiting for our passports but the Home Affairs offices are closed. Called to make an appointment for medicals and were told that they wouldnt be able to do it without passports.
Glad to know that at least the traffic office is working.
"never let the fear of striking out,keep you from playing the game"

Offline Shirls

« Reply #9 on: June 21, 2007, 08:07:09 am »
Hang in there MJ.
My dearest Mother in Law is an estate agent in Hillcrest. She says that the property market has slowed down a bit up here now, but there are a few buyers around.
Good things come to those who wait, and wait, and wait!!!

Great news about the Motor Licensing ... I need to go and renew my drivers, but I am not going to stand there if they are not operational!
Guess I will put in a days leave, do my license and go to home affairs and apply for our marriage certificate, and a new passport with my married name in it!

Offline MJ

• Certified Addict
  • Cambridge
« Reply #10 on: June 21, 2007, 07:07:03 pm »
Hi Shirls

I must say that Motor Licensing was probably as operational as they will ever be.
Did chat to a guy next to me whose friend was going to NZ and then another chat in the Car licensing line to another girl immigrating in a few weeks to the UK.  ;D

Badprop

« Reply #11 on: June 22, 2007, 06:26:59 am »
MJ I spoke to 3 Pam Golding estate agents and the conversation steered to why we sold in Pta and all 3 of them wanted to know where they can get info on immi to NZ.  I find people wanting to chat about immigration more and especially the parents at school.  If they hear you are going they start bombarding you with questions.  This was not the case 2 years ago when we started taking about immigrating.

It is the groot trek.

« Reply #11 on: June 22, 2007, 06:26:59 am »

Offline zatexnz

• Wizard
  • Hamilton, NZ
    • Colorific Photography
« Reply #12 on: June 22, 2007, 06:41:09 am »
And the Great Invasion on the NZ side!  ;D
lekker sweet as, y'all