Advice and Support for South Africans Immigrating to New Zealand

South Africans Going To New Zealand

Author Topic: 3 Month Visit to NZ  (Read 510 times)

Offline shaun96

3 Month Visit to NZ
« on: April 13, 2016, 12:37:18 am »
Hi there everyone, as you can probably see, i am new to the site. My cousin forwarded me the link to the site. It looks great.

My wife and i have been thinking of coming to NZ now for about 2 years for a better future for my 5 year old, and have finally made the decision to come over this year.

So i came over alone, and I have been in beautiful NZ now for almost 2 months now, time does fly when your having fun, i came here on a look, see and decide trip. I have looked and seen allot, mostly around Auckland and Hamilton for now and would like to see the rest of the country with my family, and love everything so far, and have decided i want to bring my family here and stay here. The thing i like the most about everything here besides all the beautiful nature is the efficiency of everything and people are so friendly here.

So now the next step after i have decided i would like me and my  family to live here and work here, was to find out about possible employment..... This has been difficult so far, as most people wont even talk to you further once they find out you are here on a visitors visa and need a job offer first before you can apply for a work visa, to be able to legally work in NZ. So this process has been a bit frustrating and i am struggling, but staying positive and hopeful.

I have little over 9 years experience in Warehouse and Distribution environments in various positions. Holding thumbs i can get to someone that will be willing to give me a chance to prove my self and make our family's dream come true of creating a better future for our self and for our son.

Offline hugopve

• For now we see but through a glass darkly
    • HVC Group PTY (LTD)
Re: 3 Month Visit to NZ
« Reply #1 on: April 13, 2016, 04:04:17 am »
Hey bud, welcome to the site :-) I did a quick search and found Warehouse Distribution Manager to be on the skilled employment list (http://skillshortages.immigration.govt.nz). Check it out with your actual title to see if you would qualify.

Depending on a range of factors such as age, experience, qualifications etc you might have enough points to submit an EOI under the Skilled Migrant category without a job offer. 140 points is the golden number, as the EOI will be draw irrespective of a job offer being present. We managed to make 140 points without job offers, submitted on the 2nd and were selected today.

I am also in the advanced stage of interviews for a job in Wellington (CEO decision stage) so it is entirely possible to get to this point, at least, without a visa. My husband has also had a number of interviews and some of them have moved on to reference and background checks already (he is a senior Clinical Psychologist).

Do you have all the paperwork in order? If not best get cracking!

Best of luck and keep us posted :-)
Have you g
2/4/16 EOI submitted
13/4/16 EOI selected
23/4/16 ITA received
3/5/16 Medicals completed
24/5/16 ITA submitted
26/5/16 ITA lodged and paid
6/6/16 IO Assigned
13/6/16 Resident VISA Approved
21/6/16 VISA issued
24/6/16 Passports received back from London
9/7/16 Arrived in Auckland

SA Going to NZ Advice Forum

« Reply #1 on: April 13, 2016, 04:04:17 am »

Offline shaun96

« Reply #2 on: April 13, 2016, 05:19:30 am »
Hi there, Thanks for the welcome!

Warehouse Distribution Manager is a bit above what i was doing, Stock and Inventory control, and more team leader/supervisor level, so that is why i have not gone the EOI route. But congrats on your submission being selected. That is good news. My wife is actually on the skills shortage list, Retail Manager.

Good luck with the interviews, i am looking forward to getting an interview and showing them how awesome i am, and what a plus i would be for any company.

All our paper work is in order and we are ready to go.....