Advice and Support for South Africans Immigrating to New Zealand

South Africans Going To New Zealand

Author Topic: Pet travel - going the extra mile!  (Read 2630 times)

Offline Tui

• Certified Addict
Pet travel - going the extra mile!
« on: October 01, 2010, 07:48:21 am »
So there are some wonderful people in this world indeed - we have just arranged our dogs flights over to NZ. Initially he was to fly out of Perth on the 25th of this month, as WridgWays are coming to take our household goods at daybreak on the 26th - the agent from JetPets called me today to inform us that the 25th is Labour Day there by you guys - so yes, a public holiday. Customs will only be open at 11am on the Tuesday.... ??? So our mutt would have been alone for the transit flight to Tauranga......No worries says the lovely lady, will still collect him on Monday, and book him into a Pet Motel....nogal FREE of charge, for their mistake of not informing us of the NZ public holiday....and will fly him out on Tuesday (arriving the Wed)..... O0 My faith in people has been refreshed... :clap: still some wonderful folk out there.....
~ Until one has loved an animal, part of their soul remains unawakened~

Offline DOS

Re: Pet travel - going the extra mile!
« Reply #1 on: October 01, 2010, 08:45:44 am »
That is a lovely story :clap: My little Yorkie leave London on 27th and arrives 28th and also has to stay in kennels the night before she leaves :'( but Airpaws seem very nice and to be honest I think that she will have a better flight that me....at least she will be able to sleep :clap:  :gl2: with your pet arrangements, it's all quite stressful.

SA Going to NZ Advice Forum

« Reply #1 on: October 01, 2010, 08:45:44 am »

Offline Tui

• Certified Addict
« Reply #2 on: October 01, 2010, 09:40:27 am »
That is a lovely story :clap: My little Yorkie leave London on 27th and arrives 28th and also has to stay in kennels the night before she leaves :'( but Airpaws seem very nice and to be honest I think that she will have a better flight that me....at least she will be able to sleep :clap:  :gl2: with your pet arrangements, it's all quite stressful.

Ah thank-you - and all the best to you and your little furry family member - do you know DOS, that they actually have skype :o so one can check on these little buggers..... :) Made it very clear to my boy, NOT to go hay wire with the bar fridge that may be in his room..... ;D as mom and dad will have to foot the bill! And no overseas calls.... :2funny:

Offline DOS

« Reply #3 on: October 01, 2010, 11:00:42 am »
Too cute  ;D I am dreading it but the alternative of leaving her behind is just not a consideration. So we will be stressed and sad  :'( but it will be worth it at the other end :yippee:

Offline frodo/maya

• Certified Addict
  • North Shore
« Reply #4 on: October 01, 2010, 09:09:11 pm »
aaaaaaaaag that is so nice!  :)

Offline Tui

• Certified Addict
« Reply #5 on: October 19, 2010, 01:02:22 pm »
Hey all! Well today went without a hitch - Jet Pets came to collect our boy for his blood testing (heartworm) and flea/tick dip. The van stopped outside and as our dog is car mad - all we said was, 'lets go in the car sweetie' he shot out of the house like a bat outa hell, and sommer jumped into the van by himself...... :2funny: Into his container he went and van door closed and there came the  :'( yip, the driver said he cried for a little while but soon stopped. What a nasty shock he must have got man, thinking to himself how he was conned into getting into that bloody van.... :tickedoff: They brought him back 3 hours later.....but that afternoon, every time he heard a van he would run to the window....shame to check.... :sweat: :sweat:

Next week will be a major problem now - do not know how we are going to get him into that van.....as now he knows to be more awake to mom and dads scams!!

By the way......driver of Jet Pets recons they are doing about 8 pets a week, flying back to NZ, he recons so many families are going back....... :clap:

Music to my ears!

x

Offline SaKiwiBoer

• Guru
  • We're in Tauranga.
    • Oosthuizen family in NZ
« Reply #6 on: October 19, 2010, 06:53:26 pm »
By the way......driver of Jet Pets recons they are doing about 8 pets a week, flying back to NZ, he recons so many families are going back....... :clap: 

Do I "understand" you correctly  ::)
"8" "Families" are coming "BACK" to NZ just from Perth  ???
Are you sure  :confused:
  :o  WOW, that is something that I didn't expect...  ???
Cheers, SAKB
21/03/2007-EOI submitted
18/07/2007-Selected from the Pool
07/03/2008-Receive ITA
15/05/2008-ITA Submitted-(hou duim vas)
11/12/2008-PR GRANTED-(thanx a lot!!!)

"Those who desire to give up freedom in order to gain security, will not have, nor do they deserve, either one." (Benjamin Franklin)

SA Going to NZ Advice Forum

« Reply #6 on: October 19, 2010, 06:53:26 pm »

Offline Tui

• Certified Addict
« Reply #7 on: October 19, 2010, 10:48:17 pm »
That is exactly what my OH said SAKB.....hubby thinks he meant maybe 8 families throughout OZ.

Still music to my ears... ::)

Offline Tui

• Certified Addict
« Reply #8 on: October 20, 2010, 02:47:07 am »
Confirmed....just spoke to lady who is handling our paperwork......stats show on average 3 families going to NZ every week....and some of those families have more than one dog or cat. Not sure what the reasons are.....but also remember that amount of families come from NZ to OZ....so a balance!

At the end of the day, a flippin good business to be in, this pet transportation!

x

Offline SaKiwiBoer

• Guru
  • We're in Tauranga.
    • Oosthuizen family in NZ
« Reply #9 on: October 21, 2010, 03:50:31 am »
Yeah, that still doesn't matter to me, it's still a lot. I did not expect that.
Sounds to me that your right it's a good business to be in.
Cheers, SAKB
21/03/2007-EOI submitted
18/07/2007-Selected from the Pool
07/03/2008-Receive ITA
15/05/2008-ITA Submitted-(hou duim vas)
11/12/2008-PR GRANTED-(thanx a lot!!!)

"Those who desire to give up freedom in order to gain security, will not have, nor do they deserve, either one." (Benjamin Franklin)