Advice and Support for South Africans Immigrating to New Zealand

South Africans Going To New Zealand

Author Topic: Farewell to pets when emigrtaing  (Read 5661 times)

Offline Tui

• Certified Addict
Re: Farewell to pets when emigrating
« Reply #15 on: July 28, 2011, 06:00:56 am »
Ah cute... you can talk English, Afr, Kiwi and dogs will just NOW. Our boy understands walkies, bacon, we are going to the park, poohs and wees etc ! Oh and pritt kitty cat !!!  lol. best wishes to all Saffers who relocate and get a new pet or bring one with the new less traumatic process ! :hug: :clap: :clap: :clap: :) :) :)

I have to agree with you Evita. There were times when my husband would be at work, and the kids at school and me, myself, I alone at home and not knowing anyone just after immigrating, those were lonely times indeed....and THANK GOD for my boy, being at home with me :smitten: I'm sure the immediate neighbours thought we had someone else staying with us in the house, cause I would talk to my dog like a person..... :blush:

And because he is such a good looking boy, he is a head turner in the streets, which meant people would come up to me and chat, and pat him.......getting to know the neighbours - thanks to Rocks! :-*

They sure do have their advantages!

x
~ Until one has loved an animal, part of their soul remains unawakened~

Offline colel

Re: Farewell to pets when emigrtaing
« Reply #16 on: July 28, 2011, 11:08:05 am »
awesome TUI, ours stayed one month at keringa and 5 months at pethaven here in nz, was great because we could visit them whenever, and the owners where just fantastic, and please dont mention walk or drive as i can see my monsters ears pick up already hahahaha

SA Going to NZ Advice Forum

« Reply #16 on: July 28, 2011, 11:08:05 am »

Offline Evita

• From Hilton to Titirangi
    • Eve's Apples
« Reply #17 on: July 28, 2011, 11:57:51 am »
Im so glad TUI. My hub has our boy for company as I work a long day. Our boy is also talked to like a human and has a great vocab ! Was my husband's saving grace ! Still is after 3 years... they have daily beach walks. :) WE NEED A DOGGY EMICON !  :2funny: :2funny: :2funny: :) :) :clap: :clap: :clap:
Evita :)

Offline frodo/maya

• Certified Addict
  • North Shore
« Reply #18 on: August 03, 2011, 05:16:30 am »
I agree with you Evita, getting a dog (prettiest thing in NZ- must add) brought some normality to our family here in NZ. He is spoiled rotten and is fully bilingual!  ;D

Offline Evita

• From Hilton to Titirangi
    • Eve's Apples
« Reply #19 on: August 03, 2011, 07:31:15 am »
Smile.  :clap: :clap: :) :) :)
Evita :)