Advice and Support for South Africans Immigrating to New Zealand

South Africans Going To New Zealand

Author Topic: Please help! Im taking my Mickey and Minnie with!  (Read 1502 times)

Offline adri.havenga76

Please help! Im taking my Mickey and Minnie with!
« on: November 20, 2011, 10:49:48 am »
::)Hi all

Its been a dream of mine for many years to emmigrate to New Zealand and we finally decided to to so and start the whole process from the beginning.

Because I am childless my two little Dachund doggies Mickey and Minnie (yes as in walt disneys characters) are going with my partner and I .  They have been there for me in my hardest and saddest part in my life and I cannot leave them behind as they are part of me and we love them dearly!

Can anyone please advise me on where to start with them?  what the process will be to follow to get them ready and plus minus what the costs for their whole moving tooo process will be so that i have an idea of how much to put aside for them/

I would appreciate is sooo much if anyone out there could help me with advise?

Kind regards

Adri

Offline Tui

• Certified Addict
Re: Please help! Im taking my Mickey and Minnie with!
« Reply #1 on: November 20, 2011, 10:27:00 pm »
Hi there, and a huge warm  :bigwelcome: to the family!

For all your questions/worries/fears......PLS contact a lovely lady by the name of Robyn Van Den Brink @ www.pethavenkennels.co.nz

They are fantastic quarantine kennels in Auckland.

We brought our little hooligan  from SA to Australia - and into NZ. Yes, we too cannot leave him behind, that was the deal, no dog, no wife! Almost  3 years ago, it cost us around $5000 from SA - OZ, and another $2700 from OZ to NZ.... :heeha: But would not have it any other way, he is my baby, and we too love him dearly.

It is easier to bring pets into NZ from SA, so all good! Wishing you all the best, regarding your pets and your applications. O0

x

~ Until one has loved an animal, part of their soul remains unawakened~

SA Going to NZ Advice Forum

« Reply #1 on: November 20, 2011, 10:27:00 pm »

Offline Tui

• Certified Addict
« Reply #2 on: November 20, 2011, 10:39:43 pm »
Just have to add (not sure if it still applies) but having two dogs, they can share a kennel. If I remember correctly, you get a 'discounted' price. I may be wrong, but I would put aside around R50/60 000....not sure how much the rates have gone up.

x
~ Until one has loved an animal, part of their soul remains unawakened~

Offline Gypsymom

• In the winterless north
« Reply #3 on: November 21, 2011, 01:50:21 am »
I brought my two small dogs over with me and they have settled in well. Just could not bear leaving them behind.  :'( :'(
The good news is that the quarantine period is now only 10 days in NZ, which does cut down the cost.
There are companies in SA that specialize in moving pets all over the world, so you can contact one of them, and they will give you all the details. They will tell you what you need to do, book their flights, organize their travelling crates, etc. You can find one on the web nearest to you. They do not have to go into kennels in SA until just before they leave, but there are a lot of tests that need to be done first, (for rabies etc) but your local vet can probably do most of them.  They also have to be  micro-chipped.
There is a lot of paper work but the pet moving company will advise you on that. A lot easier than trying to do it yourself.
There are only 3 quarantine kennels on the North Island, two in Auckland and one in Levin, so depending on where you are going you will need to book them in beforehand.
Check out the links that other members have given you, but it is like immigrating, lots to do but so worth it. :) :)

Good luck with it. :gl2: :gl2:
url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/]

[/url]

Offline danielsun

« Reply #4 on: December 04, 2011, 06:46:18 pm »
Pets En Transit
[email protected]
We are taking our 2yr old Jack Russel baby girl.
They quoted us +/- R 9 000 which excludes quarantine in NZ. :gl: