Advice and Support for South Africans Immigrating to New Zealand

South Africans Going To New Zealand

Author Topic: Immigration to NZ  (Read 3200 times)

Offline farmyardza

Re: Immigration to NZ
« Reply #30 on: February 29, 2008, 12:41:55 pm »
Hi soon2bkiwi

thanks for the words of encouragement.  i shouldn't really be hesitant as we have family going over soon and we have friends in Hastings and Taupo so it is not like we won't know a soul.  but on the other hand leaving the folks is very difficult.  i am sure we will be fine though.  my youngest daughter (5) just wants to go but my older daughter (11) is "sitting on the fence" so to speak.  thanks again to all on the forum for the support, it is great :clap:

Bev

Offline hadenough

• Certified Addict
« Reply #31 on: February 29, 2008, 02:09:24 pm »
Bev, I know where you are coming from, my 12 yr old daughter is the same! BUT when she is 18 I Know she will be happy that we made the move, and if we don't, when she is 18 she will say "why the hell didn't you get us out of here when you had the chance!"  And then she will leave anyway and DH and I will be sitting here with our kids in other countries :crazy2:  You go for it now!!!!  O0

SA Going to NZ Advice Forum

« Reply #31 on: February 29, 2008, 02:09:24 pm »

Offline Eileen

• Certified Addict
  • Rotorua, New Zealand
« Reply #32 on: February 29, 2008, 11:02:45 pm »
hadenough, thats exactly how we felt. The sad thing is that by then we would be too old to make the move.

Offline Carla P

« Reply #33 on: March 04, 2008, 01:50:48 pm »
Hadenough, any news on ur passport? Do you have one at all for the primary applicant? Even if it going to expire in a few months, you can submit the EOI and then when the ITA arrives, you can then update passport details. Did u sms HA about ur passport?

Offline hadenough

• Certified Addict
« Reply #34 on: March 04, 2008, 02:05:39 pm »
Hi Carla, yes we fetched them on Saturday last week.  Now we have applied for one for Dane.  Going to do EOI as soon as we have a passport number for Dane.  I was tracking them on the website, it just takes so long through the different stages!  Will probably do the EOI by next week. O0