Advice and Support for South Africans Immigrating to New Zealand

South Africans Going To New Zealand

Author Topic: a positive spin...  (Read 822 times)

Offline paula

a positive spin...
« on: March 02, 2008, 08:32:39 pm »
Hi... did introduce myself earlier... thought this might be interesting...
we decided to move at the begining of the year, and with all the stress i ended up having to see my homeopath as i was develping and ulcer! she gave me some really good advice in terms of making the decision and how we look at it...
she said that we must look at the move as a positive step and not as a negative move. what this means is that we must rather look at what we get out of the move that is positive for us and not what is making us leave. it needs to be a desion made not out of fear or anger :tickedoff: but one that is taking a step forward. she also said that it is hard to make a new life if you view leaving as running away (although none of us like to admit it, sometimes it feels like we are). rather highlight the positive reasons and use those to explain your move as you are more likely to stick to them and not change your mind in the future.
i realise this might be a bit controversial >:D but it did help me deconstruct why we were going and all the good that would come out of our decision.. we are very excited to be moving and making a positive step in our lives...
and the good news is my ulcer has gone away :)

Offline Mumtaz (CapetonianInWellington)

Re: a positive spin...
« Reply #1 on: March 02, 2008, 08:42:46 pm »
WOW - thats great hey. I havent actually thought about it like that. Maybe now I can be less stressed :clap:

When are you planning on making the move?

SA Going to NZ Advice Forum

« Reply #1 on: March 02, 2008, 08:42:46 pm »

Offline TheRindels

« Reply #2 on: March 02, 2008, 10:31:21 pm »
And remember you can go back on holiday - as a TOURIST  :clap: (with lots and lots and lots of lovely money - once the Rand gets to R10/$)

Offline Didi77

• Resident
« Reply #3 on: March 03, 2008, 12:22:14 am »
 :clap: I like it! a possitive thead for a possitive move for a possitive country!

another way of thinking is it's a great adventure that few people have after they have settled with a home a kids and a steady job....just to shake you our of the groove!  O0

like the heros in a wilber smith novel  ::)

Offline hadenough

• Certified Addict
« Reply #4 on: March 03, 2008, 10:48:15 am »
 O0