Advice and Support for South Africans Immigrating to New Zealand

South Africans Going To New Zealand

Author Topic: Reasons for leaving SA  (Read 11384 times)

Offline Nolan

• Administrator
  • Supreme Being
  • Stanmore Bay, Auckland
    • Art by Nolan
Re: Reasons for leaving SA
« Reply #120 on: February 11, 2008, 10:01:24 am »
that is the sad reality Minette that we have a big, self destructing, monster in SA that feeds off itself. I also feel the monster has become too big too stop :(

Offline Amber

« Reply #121 on: February 11, 2008, 11:33:29 am »
Yes Minette you are quite correct but what about all the job losses because of crime.  Businesses that close because proffessional people no longer want to live in SA and run a company here!  Even house holds are businesses, Domestic employees, staff etc.  Doctors who have owned private practises here and who have left!  The list is endless. 
Unfortunately there is so many monsters that are destroying this country - crime is jsut one of them.....
Faith is to believe what you do not yet see; the reward for this faith is to see what you believe

SA Going to NZ Advice Forum

« Reply #121 on: February 11, 2008, 11:33:29 am »

Offline Carla P

« Reply #122 on: February 11, 2008, 12:33:12 pm »
Ok, so here goes why Kiwi K and I are leaving SA. In 1999 when I was still a student, I visted NZ for 2-3 months, and fell in love with the country. I never though about leaving SA and living in NZ. My hubby on the other hand, has always known that SA is not the country where he needs to be for life. He always though that Canada was where we needed to be! He has though about this for years! We originally came from EL, which is still very low with crime. You feel so safe there. So you could say that I was sheltered! Yip!

Then in 2005, about 4 weeks after we married, DH got a job offer in JHB. WAKE UP CALL FOR ME!!!!!!!!!!!!. I had to say in my heart that "JHB  WILL BE HOME!", and gave myself no choice. It is now three years down the line, and I have admitted to myself that I really do hate this place. We do live in a very secure suburb, so are glad about that.

Oct last year DH, suddenly asked me if I would like to live in NZ? I immediately said yes, as it is SOOOOOOO beautiful. Then I had all the butterflies, and thoughts of "WHAT HAVE I JUST AGREED TO?". We decided not to look back, and take each step very actively. He had been thinking about NZ for two years, but knew that the time was not right, so did not speak to me about it!

It was only after the decistion that I found out how bad the politics and crime really are. We don't watch TV, so never see the news. Now I am sooooo glad that we are going. We have not started a family, (was supposed to be planned for this year)! We want to give our children an inheritance that they cannot squander - a first world citizenship!!

Offline ANTONK

• Resident
« Reply #123 on: February 11, 2008, 08:33:47 pm »
So sad to read about all these things  :'( as it makes you soooooooo  :tickedoff:

Offline kol1974

« Reply #124 on: March 10, 2008, 04:43:51 pm »
Our reasons for leaving are much to do about the fact that crime is out of control, my hubby has no prospects of career advancement and my teenage son no dreams of a future.  All the things we had as children, our children does not even understand!  That is so sad to know that my son cannot freely dream of a succesful career because we all know that he will not be able to get a job due to the race he was born into.  Also on lighter note.   We visit England recently for our first visit abroad and WHAT A REVELATION!  Our horizons were broadend and we realized that we DO NOT HAVE TO accepts what is going on in SA.  Sad to leave all our family behind, but we are confident in the knowledge that this is the right move for us.