Advice and Support for South Africans Immigrating to New Zealand

South Africans Going To New Zealand

Author Topic: Reasons for leaving SA  (Read 10243 times)

Offline robcraig

Re: Reasons for leaving SA
« Reply #15 on: March 22, 2007, 03:42:56 pm »
Reading these reasons is really sad. It took me a long time to convince my wife that we have no future in SA. I have travelled a fair bit, played, coached, umpired and administered my chosen sport at provincial level, been a board member of a national daily newspaper, with my wife as the Exec P.A. to some really important people in SA. I have been a refugee once already in my life; escaped from Northern Rhodesia (Zambia) just in time - Simon Kapepwe etc. SA is by far the most beautiful country I have been in, in my travels. Yet, having said this, I concur with everyone's comments. Crime (R8500.00 upgrade to security system last week), Boerboel in the front garden (too vicious to take to NZ), Bleak future for bleak skins, every state run facility collapsing. I think the RAF has bankrupted for the fourth time recently. The shear barbarism of the crime, not just black on white, but white on white (starving your mother in a back room), balck on black, and Mbeki makes shameful excuses. I wish he could see that the real rainbow has relocated. So sad, but all too true. Hope to be NEWKIWI's soon.  :(

Offline Nolan

• Administrator
  • Supreme Being
  • Stanmore Bay, Auckland
    • Art by Nolan
« Reply #16 on: March 22, 2007, 04:05:39 pm »
and Mbeki makes shameful excuses. I wish he could see that the real rainbow has relocated

That is why I am so vocal in the SA Chat section Robcraig, things have to come to halt somewhere along the line and the first step is educating those inside and outside SA who are wearing blinkers. SA is currently being raped and all the world thinks is that we are living under a Utopic rainbow  :tickedoff:

SA Going to NZ Advice Forum

« Reply #16 on: March 22, 2007, 04:05:39 pm »

Offline MJ

• Certified Addict
  • Cambridge
« Reply #17 on: March 22, 2007, 04:14:55 pm »
I have just seen on my MWeb home page that a 5 year old child was beaten up in a robbery in Bedfordview today.  It makes me feel sick to my stomach.  It seems that children are becoming the next group of victims.  :'(

Offline Nolan

• Administrator
  • Supreme Being
  • Stanmore Bay, Auckland
    • Art by Nolan
« Reply #18 on: March 22, 2007, 04:34:01 pm »
and the news on Highveld are saying a man was severely beaten up with a brick because he said no to a window washer at the Bruma traffic lights  :thumbdown:

Offline Happy Expat

• Veteran
  • NZ, now Melbourne, Australia
« Reply #19 on: March 22, 2007, 10:14:00 pm »
Oh man, I feel so much for you guys still living in SA :'( I almost feel guilty that I'm sitting here? I find it hard to think up anything encouraging to say besides......get out quick! Even saying that I know you guys are really trying too and I can hear your desperation :'(
Thinking of you all  :smitten: and hoping that all your applications get processed really quickly :knuppel2:

Maybe I should go toy-toy outside immigration for you guys? ;)
« Last Edit: March 22, 2007, 11:12:17 pm by zatexnz »

Offline Nolan

• Administrator
  • Supreme Being
  • Stanmore Bay, Auckland
    • Art by Nolan
« Reply #20 on: March 22, 2007, 10:24:51 pm »
or outside the SA embassy  :whistle:

Offline Happy Expat

• Veteran
« Reply #21 on: March 22, 2007, 10:29:09 pm »
Good Idea! ;)

« Reply #21 on: March 22, 2007, 10:29:09 pm »

Offline zatexnz

• Wizard
  • Hamilton, NZ
    • Colorific Photography
« Reply #22 on: March 22, 2007, 11:18:28 pm »
(i just put a space in your post, Happy, so the smitten smiley works. :) )

This story caught the hearts of the people on the other board I'm on, and we've collected some $$ (nearly 300) to send to this family - we call it the Teddy Bear Fund, as it started out as an idea to buy this little boy a huge teddy bear.  Now there's enough to buy little sis Lauren something and the mom too... and perhaps help out with other costs.   
Toddler saves mom's life
'He thought his mom was dead'

But this is just one of so many incidents.  I too read of hte 5 yr old today.  It just totally breaks my heart that it's such senseless killing and battering!
lekker sweet as, y'all
~ Colleen

Offline Happy Expat

• Veteran
« Reply #23 on: March 22, 2007, 11:25:48 pm »
Thanks Colleen ;)

Just imagine the size of a book if all these stories could be written in one?? :'(

Offline PLM

« Reply #24 on: March 25, 2007, 07:27:03 pm »
The main reason i`m leaving this beautiful country is not of crime but because I have wasted 17 Years working for this corrupt government for no recognition.Racism is now more alive than ever before and if you are a white male there is no chance in hell that you will get a promotion,even if you are the best candidate for a post.This government is trying is best to get rid off all the white people and we are already hearing rumors that whites must be 3% by 2011. I have been 14 years in my current post and have trained 4 people whom all have surpassed me with promotion because I`m white.Do you know what it`s like to see people with less knowledge and work experience get the post that you know you are supposed to get? :'( You become an empty negative person with no hope for the future because ambition is taken away from you.I cannot and will not let this happen to my 2 boys (aged 3 and 1) because things will only get worse in this country.I`m already 36 Years old and I know I will have a hard time to get NZ citizenship, but I know God will help me find a way to a better country were hard work is rewarded and the best man for the Job gets promoted and not because of race.I know there will also be other problems in NZ which my family will face but my children will at least have a better chance in their lives. O0

Offline MJ

• Certified Addict
  • Cambridge
« Reply #25 on: March 25, 2007, 07:57:46 pm »
Welcome PLM, you will not be alone here.  We also have two boys and they are our main reason (followed closely by crime) for looking for a more secure future.

Offline Happy Expat

• Veteran
« Reply #26 on: March 25, 2007, 09:21:13 pm »
Welcome PLM, You have come to the right place for help, advice and lots of support!! :smitten:

« Reply #26 on: March 25, 2007, 09:21:13 pm »

Offline zatexnz

• Wizard
  • Hamilton, NZ
    • Colorific Photography
« Reply #27 on: March 25, 2007, 09:23:08 pm »
Welcome PLM!  And I would like to congratulate you for being a hard-working and faithful person!  May your journey to NZ be smooth!  And may your loyalty be rewarded 100-fold!!!
lekker sweet as, y'all
~ Colleen

Offline Nolan

• Administrator
  • Supreme Being
  • Stanmore Bay, Auckland
    • Art by Nolan
« Reply #28 on: March 25, 2007, 11:30:05 pm »
Howzit PLM, welcome here.  O0

Can't agree with you more. SA is more racist now than pre 1994 I am sorry to say. We are here to help you get out of this place, so just ask if you need any advice.

Soon you will be in a country where you and your talents will be appreciated  :clap:

Offline Sandramiles

« Reply #29 on: March 26, 2007, 10:28:32 am »
Welcome PLM

You have found the right place to help you through this very stressful time, but you know as you look around on this site and get to know the wonderful people here you will find the whole expereince almost easy, even if there are and will be hurdles together everyone achieves more.  This is a wonderful site and the information you recieve and can obtain is invaluable.
 :gl:
Sandy