Advice and Support for South Africans Immigrating to New Zealand

South Africans Going To New Zealand

Author Topic: pets left behind  (Read 3929 times)

Offline Doreen

Re: pets left behind
« Reply #15 on: March 28, 2008, 05:14:51 pm »
How many weeks are you waiting now, Jan? We had a delay, have to do our police clearance over again because they did not except Ideco's certificates.  But we have sent it already in and wait now again. Just wondering if there will be  more problems.... :o

Offline Tash

« Reply #16 on: March 29, 2008, 06:44:32 am »
Hi everyone,

It seems we're all (well almost all) in the same doomed vessel of tears when it comes to finding homes for our beloved 'kids', then comes the letting them go part which is far worse than anything you'll ever feel hopefully! 

It's soooo NOT fair ... I don't understand why it's so expensive ... it's a really tall order if u ask me ... in our case as in many of yours, our animals are our family.  Just last night I had to take my lil Jack Russell to her new home & I feel like a traitor as Louis says & I can just imagine what's going thru her little mind ... people can grieve & process this to the extent of getting on & feeling a lil better eventually but how do animals take it!?!?! I'm obviously still in shock & can't keep wondering if I'll ever get over this blow.

This 'letting go' thing is all part of DH's trail of thought ... I feel like I've lost a child & that's not all, she is the favourite in our lives of animals ... there's 2 more Rotti's that go next Tuesday ... my heart ... I feel like I wanna drown myself!!!!

Well I won't keep you all lost in my sorrow ... all I can say is good luck ... there's no easy way of doing this & I do get the big picture but @ a hell of a price!!! It better be worth it dammit!!!
Dive naked, things look BIGGER under water!

SA Going to NZ Advice Forum

« Reply #16 on: March 29, 2008, 06:44:32 am »

Offline Doreen

« Reply #17 on: March 29, 2008, 09:31:07 am »
It will get better eventially, Tash. Wish we could explain to them what's going on!! Kila is coming with us, but it won't be easy for her. Wish I could explain to her I'm not leaving her, she must just wait for me. And if I could tell her about the flight and that she must not be afraid :'( It will be worth it, I'm sure!! I'm not sure for who would it be the best, for Wolfie and your Jack Russel that must stay behind or Kila that must go with!!

Offline Bevmac

« Reply #18 on: March 29, 2008, 09:45:18 am »
Im so sorry Tash, and everyone else going through the same "ordeal" i can SOOOOOO sympathise,  :'( i have to put my two horses up for sale soon and its really NOT going to be easy to say goodbye, my one chap i've owned since he was 3yrs and he is now 8 years and he is my darling and most precious "child", whom i adore to distraction!

I sooooo dont want to do it but the reality is i HAVE to.

Good Luck and we can only pray that the homes we place them in are good loving homes and live the rest of their lives in happiness and surrounded by love  :-\

Offline hadenough

• Certified Addict
« Reply #19 on: March 29, 2008, 03:50:26 pm »
 :flowers: :flowers: :flowers: Thinking of you

Offline janvs

• Arrived !
« Reply #20 on: March 30, 2008, 05:59:17 am »
How many weeks are you waiting now, Jan? We had a delay, have to do our police clearance over again because they did not except Ideco's certificates.  But we have sent it already in and wait now again. Just wondering if there will be  more problems.... :o

This is eerie
We also had the problem with Ideco's certificates
Did you manage to get new Police Clearance from SAPS without waiting 28 days ?
We've only been waiting 2 weeks now...
EOI drawn on 04/06/2008
ITA received 26/06/08
Completed ITA submitted 20/08/08
Received PR 25/11/08
Received passports with PR 21/01/09

[/u

Offline Happy Expat

• Veteran
  • NZ, now Melbourne, Australia
« Reply #21 on: March 30, 2008, 09:25:20 am »
My thoughts and ((((((HUGS))))))) are with you guys giving up your pets :'(
Just be positive that you find them good loving homes, and be fussy ;)

SA Going to NZ Advice Forum

« Reply #21 on: March 30, 2008, 09:25:20 am »

Offline Doreen

« Reply #22 on: March 30, 2008, 02:46:06 pm »
Yes, we've been waiting 7 days. We already sent it back to London, and wonder what will be next now!!