Advice and Support for South Africans Immigrating to New Zealand

South Africans Going To New Zealand

Author Topic: Import Health Standards  (Read 2105 times)

Offline Gypsymom

• In the winterless north
Import Health Standards
« on: November 08, 2010, 10:08:44 am »
I have just booked my dogs into Qualified Pet Services and they told me some interesting news.
"The dogs and cats import standard in NZ is under review and is scheduled to be finalised in Feb 2011. The quarantine period might be different or some of the tests might be different.  If the new Import Heralth Standard comes into effect the shorter quarantine period may apply" :clap: :clap:
 ???
url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/]

[/url]

Offline Tui

• Certified Addict
Re: Import Health Standards
« Reply #1 on: November 09, 2010, 08:07:39 am »
I have just booked my dogs into Qualified Pet Services and they told me some interesting news.
"The dogs and cats import standard in NZ is under review and is scheduled to be finalised in Feb 2011. The quarantine period might be different or some of the tests might be different.  If the new Import Heralth Standard comes into effect the shorter quarantine period may apply" :clap: :clap:
 ???

Excellent news Gypsymom! Here's too a shorter quarantine period! Good luck with the process!

x
~ Until one has loved an animal, part of their soul remains unawakened~

SA Going to NZ Advice Forum

« Reply #1 on: November 09, 2010, 08:07:39 am »

Offline Gypsymom

• In the winterless north
« Reply #2 on: January 11, 2011, 11:47:03 am »
Further to my own earlier post, I received another e-mail from the quarantine kennels.

Quarantine period will change (SHORTER) possibly 21 days. MAF is aiming to finalize it by mid to end of FEB

That would be amazing, less stressful for pets and owners, and easier on the finances.  Lets keep our fingers crossed. :yippee:
url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/]

[/url]

Offline DOS

« Reply #3 on: January 11, 2011, 08:02:22 pm »
I really hope that the quarentine period it reduced. Soooh much better for the animals. My little Yorkie came over from UK just over 2 months ago and didn't have to go into quarentine at all but it has taken until now for her to really settle down and be herself.  She was very nervous and didn't eat properly or drink enough water either. Had to take her to the vet but all seems OK now and I ensure that she gets enough hydration. It is really a stressful time for them but it is certainly worth it. Having her here with me during this settling in period has been great and I meet lots of nice friendly dog walkers each day.....an added bonus.   :gl: with the animals travel, I know how stressful it is

Offline Tui

• Certified Addict
« Reply #4 on: January 11, 2011, 08:38:56 pm »
Some pets do 'stress' a little more than others - but keep in mind, that animals do not have a sense of time. Our beloved boy did 6 months quarantine in SA - one month is OZ - and last year 2 flights over to NZ and one week in a doggy hotel - none worse for wear! They are tougher than we give them credit for.... ;) The shorter quarantine time would be great for us.....the parents... ;D as I think we stress more than our pets!!

:1hug: and  :gl2: to all bringing over their four footed, furry family members!

x
~ Until one has loved an animal, part of their soul remains unawakened~

Offline frodo/maya

• Certified Addict
  • North Shore
« Reply #5 on: January 12, 2011, 04:49:16 am »
If there is a shorter period I will seriously consider to have my dog from SA sent over!