Advice and Support for South Africans Immigrating to New Zealand

South Africans Going To New Zealand

Author Topic: Where is Dr Dolittle?  (Read 1517 times)

Offline Gypsymom

• In the winterless north
Where is Dr Dolittle?
« on: March 03, 2011, 01:59:37 am »
 :'( :'( Where is Dr Dolittle? 
Regarding the new quarantine period of 10 days.  I heard from Qualified Pet Services in Auckland that the MAF are meeting in February and it would be quite likely the quarantine period would be much shorter.  I also hear it from my moving company in PE (Move a Pet) that it will only be 10 days, but only at the end of April.
Because of this, she suggested that instead of sending my dogs to NZ straight away, in which case they would have to go straight into quarantine, leave them at the kennels in SA until it was time to send them under the new regulations.  Much better really, they dogs will have more freedom, and I will be saving lots of money!!
The only down side to this is that I won't see them for another 2 months.  :'( :'( :'(
This is why I want Dr Dolittle.  I KNOW they will be fine and they don't see time as we do.  I KNOW all this but..... I want to explain to them that they have not been abandoned, and they must just hang in there.  :( :(
So, I must just wait and see what happens.  The worst part was flying out from SA and knowing my dogs were still there. :'( Also, with the time diffenece it is difficult to get the kennels on the phone)
Patience, Patience.
url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/]

[/url]

Offline SA3001

• Certified Addict
Re: Where is Dr Dolittle?
« Reply #1 on: March 03, 2011, 04:01:42 am »
All will be fine  :1hug:  Hope you're enjoying your time in OZ.

SA Going to NZ Advice Forum

Re: Where is Dr Dolittle?
« Reply #1 on: March 03, 2011, 04:01:42 am »